Titans @ Panthers Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Passing game was alright. Really only put together one good drive offensively. The rest were alright or bad. Not sure what was up with Hasselbeck in this game but he could have thrown like 4 INT's.

The run game was ok but really got it going in the 4th. It was in garbage time and maybe the Panthers gave up or were worn down but either way it was nice to see.

DWill was phenomenal and deserves his own mention.

The Defense was amazing. JJ was a man on a mission and guys like Klug, Casey & Hayes all pitched in extremely nicely.

Mccarthy had a heck of a debut, he's going to be a great MLB for us. Ayers had a breakout game and Witherspoon was his usual solid self.

The secondary was great too. Finnegan had a few standout plays and Mccourty was excellent as usual; had a few great tackles. Griffin also looked good and both Babineaux/Hope pitched in nicely.

All around great effort to get to 5-4.

2. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I agree he has lost speed, but it's no where near enough to make him ineffective and its no where near as much as members on this board exagerate...

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't know how much straight-line speed CJ has lost but he's lost a lot of burst and wiggle, IMO. Look at any of his highlights from '09 and before and it's obvious.

Yesterday, I saw a lot of seams he missed. I also think he runs tentatively at times.

On the positive, he made some guys miss and looked more like himself in the fourth quarter than he has all season. It's a positive sign and he had to gain some confidence.

Now that CJ has to workout in Nashville in the offseason, let's hope the trainers can get that explosiveness back. I think he'll get another season to prove it before the Titans look elsewhere.

4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

He also had a couple of nice catches too including a 29 yarder in the 1st quarter. I think the CJ of old is emerging

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar