Titans - Patriots postgame discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Dec 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

The Pats are just clearly the better team...sat in the rain today and saw why they are the measuring stick for the AFC and have been for the past few years. Brady is very good, though he had all day to stand there and throw it today. Reynaldo just has to go...he just is not good enough to stay...ditto for Thompson.

Offense today was so frustrating. Vince made some bad plays...but he is a rookie and I give him that...but for us to get down close the times we did and just fall on our face is not acceptable.

Field sucks...either put the dang heating system in or put FieldTurf....pick one...but just do it dangit.

Vince will be very good...our team changed personality once Vince became the starter and that kind of leadership you just can't teach. Let his doubters spout their crap and we will sit back and hope he proves them wrong. I like what he had done to this team.

Tough loss...but fun season.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Brian tells me that the Pats were riled up, PO'd, and giving away UC penalties to us. Whassupwidat? A month ago he was giving props to the Pats for just being a great team, and now he's declared himself an official hater. Were they that bad?

3. Our best offensive play for a while there was in drawing a personal foul...

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Brucshi was crying like a baby about Wad'e cut block on cheapest player in the league, Rodey Harrison (karma, right?). It was a simple cut block, nothing dirty. But Brusci and the rest of the Pats have been known to cry like little girls in the past.

5. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Young should really work on his accuracy. I thought he was getting better after each game, but he kind of regressed against the Pats... not to mention that he almost gets Jones killed. He also took a few sacks that he really shouldn't have, like the play at the Pats 2 yard line where he rolled out to the right and get caught for a loss instead of just throwing the ball away.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i didnt see anything wrong with that block. wade hit harrison at the waste.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This kinda reminds me of last years last game

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Why We Lost:

1) VY played like ****. He had a bad game, even great players do. But he was putting the ball in bad places all day. I recall 3 good to excellent throws today; that ain't enough if you want to beat a team as talented as the Pats. The running TD was his greatest highlight, and perhaps his only saving grace.

2) The defense continued to give up big plays and struggled to get off the field, and it's the same damn culprits. Lamont Thompson played poorly, and Hill played about as poorly as is his par lately. Both need to be either replaced or sunk deeper into the depth chart next year; they are NOT good starters.

3) Simply outcoached. Maybe the gameplan was solid going in, I have no idea. But the offense never clicked, and the defense played fairly poorly. In all fairness, I truely believe that the Patriots are the best coached, best prepared team in the NFL, bar-none.

All in all, there's no shame losing to a team as good at the Patriots. The Patriots are going to be superb, as they always are, in the playoffs, and this is exactly the time when the team starts to roll. We were in their way, and we got beat as the inferior team.

This season can be considered a success; we've found that we have a couple of absolute star players in the making in Young and Jones, along with many other solid pieces at other positions. The mold to be a better team has been set; it remains to be seen if Reese and the organization can fix the rest of our problems to be a better next year...

9. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

These guys were fired up, and this was a somewhat sloppy game penalties and disipline wise. From Wade's block on Harrison, to Young getting in the face of a defender, to PacMan shoving the helmet of a tackler after the play, both teams were playing with a great deal of intensity at times; I can count over 10 or so incidents of arguing or players getting in each others face that was on camera, I'm sure there was more.

10. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Bad game that we could have won. Great season with many surprises. Lots of hope for the future. Shame that the door to the playoffs was wide open for us to practically walk through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar