Titans @ Patriots Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I third the coverage on TV..it was horrible. I can't stand Wycheck on the radio coverage. To bad they dumped Pat Ryan. He worked well with Mike Keith

Offense sucked except when gasp Collins:moon2: was in.
    IMO CB is in the lead for RB..Henry showed why he didn't run the ball much in college..sad

oh well it is preseason..It can only get better.....right???

2. Moulds is clearly going to stick ahead of Gage.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Ugliest game I've seen in a while, even considering it's a preseason game. The offense, officiating, and commentating contributed heavily to the ugliness effort. What was up with the ref walking in between the lines when they are set??? Does he have a death wish. The officials made up for it by penalizing the Titans for his efforts (neutral zone, on third down no less). That wasn't all though. The fumble fiasco??? What the hell was that??? I don't have Tivo, but I could have sworn that Thornton came up with that ball. Fisher challenges the incompletion. The play is reversed. The ref says the defense recovered the fumble. Next, New England's offense takes the field. They should random drug screen officiating crews.

If that wasn't bad enough, the offense was flat. I know the patriots were bringing the house most of the time, but as a poster already mentioned, it's the type of situation the offense must be prepared to deal with. The best play in that situation had to be Scaife's long run after Vince checked off to him (I did not know Scaife could run that fast). Vince didn't look very polished as a passer, though I thought he did well throwing the ball low when he was forced to throw into coverage. As rusty as Vince looked, the rest of the offense looked much worse. Way too many dropped passes and non-efforts on passes that should have been caught.

Henry looked like crap as well. On the plus side, he did pop some guys, and hold on to the ball, which was a personal concern of mine with him. I'm still looking at Henry as a potential starter. I'm way more concerned with the wide receivers. If the passing game works, the running game works much better. I think he would make more plays when he's not facing eight or nine guys. Given the situation, I'm surprised they didn't test him catching the ball out of the backfield.

The real plus side to this game was the defense. Those guys seemed to spend a lot consecutive time on the field, yet they managed to outperform my expectations. The defensive managed to keep pressure on Brady despite only rushing with the front four. Finnegan continues to play solid, and gave us our first TD of the year. Griffin looked much much much more comfortable in his role, though I still don't think he's ready to be a starter. I pray Thompson's interception doesn't distort Fisher's perception of his normally shoddy play.

When it comes down to it, despite what the scoreboard said, we won our game last week, and lost this week.

4. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

1st round pick has 2 int's..no threads?

I'm confused. Where's the love/interest?

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Dont worry. Everyone loves him already dont worry. We just want him at Safety next to Hope.

6. zackmann

zackmann Guest

Who I was happy with:

-Oline....i thought their pass protection was great (that doesn't count chris henry's pass protection)

-Dline....i thought their qb pressure was good...the depth still bothers me...

-DB's....cortland is good....griffin looked good...overall, i like our depth....hell, the DB's seem to be better catching the ball in a crowd than our WR's....

-Scaife...

Who I was not happy with:

-starting LB's....I haven't seen this mention yet, but they were pushed around on run plays, and abused on short passes and screens...

-WR's...i think they suck....sorry....it might be the worst collection of WR talent in the league....there are some i like better than others, but overall, most would have a hard time making most other rosters...

if our WR's are not open, it will not be a catch...they can't get open....no one has a knack for making the play, beating their man....if the play itself gets the WR open, then they look good....if the play requires them to be better than the guy guarding them, they will look horrible....sorry, vince....

-our running game in general...hopefully that was a product of it being preseason and lendale being out....

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Grifffffffffffinnnnnnnn

Edit:Someone took my caps lock off, so for that Im typing enough to fit my sig lololololololololol :p

Edit 2: Wtf wheres my sig

Edit 3: O Ok Nvm

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

IMO this would be ideal:

1. Brandon Jones
    2. Roydell Williams
    3. Courtney Roby
    4. Chris Davis (He reminds me of a young Derrick Mason)
    5. Paul Williams
    6. Eric Moulds
    7. Biren Ealy

Moulds needs to stay for his veteran presence, if nothing else. These young guys need experience to feed off of. The rest of those guys have a LOT of potential. Ealy stays on my list. He made an awesome grab in the end zone tonight with a defender all over him. It should have been a push-out, but the ref ruled it out of bounds incompletion. He's big and physical, which I like in a wide receiver.

My list doesn't include Givens. I think it would best if he were given time to rehab. Next season, we will have a much better idea who should stay as far as wide receivers go, and would be a better time to throw a healthy Givens back in the mix. It would really suck to have to cut a draft pick because Givens might play by week 12.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think so, but i read on SI.com that we wont play him much because we want him to stay under the radar to get him on the practice squad.

10. High Rise

High Rise Camp Fodder

I've meant to say this for a while now, but that sig is awesome. VERY well done my friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar