Titans plan to let Jake Locker do more

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

No, that's a good way to destroy him.

You let him loose, and he throws 4-5 picks in the preseason, and he is going to have fans against him.

You work him into it. Yes he is in his third year, but also on his second OC and has only started 11 games, less than some 2nd year starters.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

Some of you guys are right....we don't have a Mark Sanchez in Jake Locker....but maybe if we signed Mark Sanchez away from the Jets, we might get to an AFC Championship game with a 9-7 team....Jake, I really, really, hope you prove me wrong....And Munchak....??? Please stop saying the things that you say in press conferences and get this team back to the post-season. Maybe Fisher is just bidding his time in St. Louis, waiting for all of his former coaching staff to come back home to him.....

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's just the first game guys. We're going to be a run heavy team this season so it makes sense we wanted to work on that immediately. Locker will get his chances to throw the ball down field this pre-season.

4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I'm a Locker supporter but truthfully it says a lot that we are afraid to let our 3rd year QB loose in the PRESEASON because we think he will throw a lot of picks. I'm watching Ryan Mallet ball out right now and saw Kirk Cousins look untouchable last night. I really hope this is just a preseason thing.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

:woohoo:

6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Some people kill me ... I don't know if its because I'm 24 so I feel like I've got a loooong time to see the Titans win a SB still (unlike BA), or if I'm just patient by nature of what, but I just want to sit back and see what Locker and Munch got. Hopefully the have what it takes, but only time will tell and if they don't, we will move on ... but I want to give them a fair shot 1st.

• High Five High Five x 6
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Case Keenum looked ripe today. Could be poached off the practice squad.

8. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Sorry but I find it hilarious that so many of you are all butt-hurt over the 1st preseason game.

9. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Especially one that wasn't horrible.

In the future though I would like to see Jake Locker push the ball down field a little more. Only taking what the defense gives you is fine but to be a playoff team we have to back the safeties out of the box.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Oh no doubt. He will. Especially when teams are gearing up to stop CJ come regular season play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar