Titans play of the year

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Feb 10, 2007.

?

What was the Titans play of the year?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2007.
  1. Rob Bironas 60-yard FG, win, 7 seconds left, Colts

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. Travis Henry 70-yard touchdown, Eagles

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  3. Cortland Finnegan, Garrard Fumble, 92 yards for TD, Jags

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  4. Vince Young 39-yard touchdown in overtime, Texans

30 vote(s)
    43.5%
  5. Vince Young 36 yard td run, 4th and 2, halftime, Bills.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Rob Bironas, 49 yd FG, to close out Giants.

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  7. Chris Hope picked off a Garrard pass and ran 61 yards, TD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Adam "Pacman" Jones interception 83 yards TD, Jags

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. Vince Young, on 4th, escapes Mathias Kiwanuka, runs 1st down, Giants

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  10. Bironas 30 yd FG, win, Bills, end of 4th qtr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

of course the fact that the Giants player just let loose of him doesn't play into it all does it :rolleyes:

2. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I know I basically ignored that in that post, but as I put it earlier, it made it seem like we could do no wrong in that fourth quarter, that infers a lot of luck. Still, you cant deny that the fact that Young quickly regained balance (not too easy when you've just had a 265 lb DE run into you) and got up the field for a first down is pretty impressive and is part of what the team rallied around, they saw they had a QB who would do his part and then some, and they knew they could win the game.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That play was pure luck although not too many QBs would have finished the play with that nice of a run. Elway would have thrown a TD pass instead.

I have a problem saying that play was the play of the year simply because it was more like the screw up of the year.

I voted for the Finnegan fumble return. That was one of the most incredible displays of athleticism, speed and field awareness I have seen in a long time. The stiff arm was nice as well. That kid can play and needs to be on the field at some position on every down IMO.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Pac climbing the ladder in the Giants game for his second INT was pretty huge. Without that all the Young stuff would have never happened, he would have been on the sidelines.

Mathias Kiwanuka main issue was being gun shy. He was a week or two off of a major roughing call in another game. He felt he was in the grass and did not want to get a penalty for driving him in the ground. (Still an arse:clown: IMO)

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I am suprised this did not make it as well:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAWVjYuVIns"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nAWVjYuVIns" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

my favorite part of that is that Young held out a number ten jersey instead of the traditional #1 that first round selections hold, kinda made me wonder how long the decision had been made ;)

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

according to fisher in an interview, about three days. i think he said that in the "Hey Rookie, Welcome to the NFL" show they had on espn.

8. They knew he was going to be there. Williams had already signed with Houston, and they knew Bush would go #2...

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Play of the year:
    Drafting Vince Young.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar