Titans Players Claim No "Hit" on Merriman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Those Titans accused of taking cheap shots on Chargers Shawne Merriman denied it yesterday. After he hit Vince Young on a handoff temporarily knocking him from the game, Merriman alleged a crack-back block by Ben Hartsock, then a hit by Kevin Mawae and David Stewart, that caused Merriman to sprain his knee. “I guess I’ve had my 15 minutes of fame is what happened,” Hartsock said. “I’ve spent more time on SportsCenter this week than in my entire career up to this point.” Though Mawae has been accused of playing dirty at times, he claims the hit on Merriman was legit. “I understand that there is some dialogue that he thinks I took a cheap shot on him,” Mawae said. “It is what it is. I’m sorry he got hurt. There was no intention by it. I was just downfield trying to make a block. It happens.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

Ben Hartsock, Kevin Mawae and David Stewart goos job guys, i would haven been more happy if it was for the rest of the season, i dont like merriman cause he did those steroids and the 22 or so sacks he got a year or two back werent legit cause of it.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

IMO as long as the hits were not illegal who cares. The one good thing to come out of the SD game was that the OL and LW played like champions. Hopefully we can see that more down the road. We need that intensity on every play.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Merriman is a crying *** baby, grow up this is football RoidBoy!!

5. DJB

DJB Starter

The Chargers cry if they get hit...they cry if someone does their dances......they cry when they lose in the first round of the playoffs

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They talk trash and promote being tough, but I swear, those players complain more than anyone else in the league, even the jets.

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Please..no more crap about Steroid Boy. Wasn't he the one who horse collared Brown on his TD run???

Both he and LT are some of the biggest whiners.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

no.. I don't think Merriman horse collared Brown.. I think Merriman was out at that point

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

it was shaun phillips

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Another team that approaches this level of whining (if and when they lose) is the Patriots. Remember the whinefest last year when Wade blocked Harrison (injuring his knee) during the last regular season game last year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar