Titans Players Not Taking Sides on Fisher/Volek Debate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In the locker room Wednesday, Titans players appeared reluctant to take sides on the Fisher/Volek comments. "Billy, to his credit, didn't make it an issue when he was here," QB Kerry Collins said. "He really could've made it a big stink, but he didn't." LB Keith Bulluck said it wasn't a distraction in the locker room but was on the field. "I don't know what was expected of him from his coaches. I thought he was doing what he was supposed to do. I am not on that side of the ball, so I don't know what was going on in the meeting rooms," Bulluck said. "It hurt us more on the football field. … I would just say the quarterback situation, you never know who we are going with or which way we are going." WR Drew Bennett said none of his teammates were down on Volek. "It's the coaches' decision and we just kind of take it from what they say and go with whoever is out there," Bennett said. "I think most of the players just tried to stay out of it as much as possible and support whoever is in there."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. shouldnt they take fishers side on this if they wanna keep their job

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

since Volek supposedly (per Fisher) threw players under the bus you would think they would speak out against Volek and said he caused problems. They are just more worried about winning and not the soap opera between Volek and Fisher.

To me the biggest thing is how Reese has distanced himself from the whole thing. He wants no part of it. That tells me that Fisher/Chow was behind it all.

4. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

If Chow schemes using the "talent he has" rather than having a system dependent on "Chow type personel" then wouldn't Chow have to go back to the drawing board and rescheme the offense for KFC as QB?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont think so. both are pocket passers who like to go deep.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If Volek was such a big distraction to the team, throwing teammates under the bus and what not, I have to compliment our players on being much better at handling themselves properly in front of the press than our head coach is.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

im sick of chow honestly...when we first got him i was excited but now his BS style of offense is not working too well...i dont know what it is but maybe its him trying to use things that worked in college in the pros? i dont know but im tired of it...

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you dont even know what you're tired of, you just know it's chow?

maybe we would have seen more deep passes last year if we had a WR that could catch the deep ball? or maybe if we didnt have a qb who was made of dust we wouldnt have had to dump the ball off to the tightends and runningbacks?

we're weak in the middle of the offensive line, so our short yardage and goal line offense sucks.

the chow offense works. we never have a lead or are even in the game because our defense gives up points every drive, so we cant run the ball. we dont have a qb who can hit open receivers, so we cant pass the ball.

i dont have a problem with the play calling. i have a problem with the execution.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I miss Steckel.

Remember the only whining in the forum was that the Titans were winning too many games 13-10 on their way to 13-3 seasons?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar