Titans Playing NFL's Toughest Schedule

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Through week 12 of the NFL season, the Titans have had the toughest strength of schedule in the NFL. Opponents have a combined .579 winning percentage (70-51). "It helps us a lot, by having one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, it helps a young team out a lot because a lot of these games that were in we could have won," LB Keith Bulluck said. WR Drew Bennett also feels the tough competition will help the Titans down-the-road. "The better the competition, the better you become, the more experience you get against good teams the more it helps you down the road," Bennett said. "This well help us toward the end of the season and early next year." The rest of the season does not get easier for the Titans as teams combined records are 32-23.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. I agree with the players, playing tough schedules can only make the younger players learn, gain more experience and confidence, espeically if we're playing well...

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I've noticed that since i first saw their schedule.

Well, what better way to learn than with the best.

4. smili

smili Starter

Going into the year I thought the NFC East games would add to the difficulty, but they've actually been worse than expected. It probably should've been worse if Washington, Philly, and Giants were as good as expected.

5. for those of you who have followed Vince, this is a great thing. Vince is a sponge at learning and advancing from what he has learned. there once was a stat that showed how many drives Vince led Texas to points. it was unreal. The Tennessee Titans (not now, but in a few years) are in for some serious blowouts, Vince will make this offense roll and they won't be stopped. a very few teams will actually challenge the Titans and when that occurs...... Vince will go into (his words not mine) MJ mode. a mode that is unstoppable.

lets all enjoy the ride and support the entire team with VY as the leader.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah it's definetly a good thing because the younger players get to play the best of the best. The only way to be the best is to play and of course beat the best. It will also help the younger players develop into better players when their playing against top notch talent to really see what it takes to be great. The only negative is that come draft time we get snubbed in a tie breaker.

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

It doesn't get any easier. Here’s the remainder of the Titans’ 2006 schedule and the records of their opponents.
    • Indianapolis 10-1
    • at Houston 3-8
    • Jacksonville 6-5
    • at Buffalo 5-6
    • New England 8-3
    Their combined record is 32-23, a winning percentage of .582.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah but really only two games where the Titans are definatly out-talented on the field. If the Titan D plays Old School against the dolts - yeah right - that will negate their talent advantage.

Bottom line I see no reason that the Titans cannot win their share of the remaining games.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It gripes me that this goes unmentioned in the national media. (What's new?)
    If we play someone close, or even win, it is just "....and the Titans are not a very good football team".
    How about "....and the Titans are an improving team who are playing the toughest schedule in the league" .... why not that.
    Instead, they just use us as a side note. i.e. - "the Cowboys did this today, and that, today, and scored XX today, improving their record to X-X. By the way, they were playing the TN Titans who are not very good."

I guess I should be used to it.... but it is still getting old!

10. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar