Titans playoff talk

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Meow, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Not that I'm counting on a WC spot, but hopefully Jax wins.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I can see that argument too, but I want anything that can help the Titans win and my gut is if they lose to the Jags they will come into Nashville more focused.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

either way, doubt they drop one to the Jags

4. HurrayTitans!

I don't know many more demoralizing things than losing to the Jags.

5. ayrichieb

ayrichieb Special Teams Standout

losing to the jags would break my heart if we beat win 1 of the chiefs broncos..

also random but .. going to be in nashville during the chiefs game (of course they're away) can imagine how big that game could possibly be, for all you nashville guys what bar would you guys recommend watching that game at want to be surrounded by a bunch of die hards

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm kind of surprised by the optimism around here as of late.

We barely beat the completely depleted Bears. They've won 2 games all year...

Prior to that week - lost to the 5-6 Colts

Prior to that week - Blew out the 5-6 Packers

Prior to that week - Lost to another 5-6 team in the Chargers

Prior to that week - Beat up the 2-9 Jaguars

Prior to that week - Got drilled by the 5-6 Colts

Prior to that week - Barely beat the still winless Browns

Prior to that week - Beat a good Dolphins team.

Prior to that week - Lost to the 6-5 Texans.

Prior to that week - Lost to a great Raiders team.

Prior to that week - Beat a decent Lions team.

Prior to that week - Lost to a decent Vikings team.

We've beaten one team that's good.

Not sure how you look at that and think "we've improved". Our results are better- but it's due to the weak schedule we've played. And we're still losing to average/bad teams.

Sorry to be "that guy", but I don't see it.

We'll see if we're actually worth anything at all over the next 2 weeks. Prediction: we get absolutely smashed by both and everyone is on the "WE'RE THE WORST EVER" train again.

• LOL LOL x 2
  7. HurrayTitans!

fair points but I disagree a little. Not sure why the Dolphins are "good" but the Lions aren't.
    I'm still impressed with the way they played Oak and Minnesota until the end. Both of them are good teams.
    Chargers are better than their record, another tough loss.
    The games that stand out to me to say "same old Titans" are the Colts and Texans. Neither of those teams are as good as their record in my opinion.
    Only 1 game lost by more than 1 TD and that was caused by 3 ST/Def TD.
    They will be competitive in all 4 games, but like I selected on the other thread, I only see 2-2, to finish 8-8.

8. Meow

Meow Starter

Not only that, but every Jax win allows for the potential for the LA draft pick to be higher

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Pretty easy to say that we have improved because we actually have been in every game until the end of the 4th quarter. Unlike the past few years where we were blown out by halftime.

Our offense has gone from being bottom of the league to top of the league.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But that's not at all reality. Munchak's last season- here are the differences in our 9 losses (which is essentially the record we'll have this season also):

Which is why we should have never fired Munchak. 6 of the 9 losses his final year were by 1 possession. One that wasn't was by a team that played in the Super Bowl.

And we're likely going to be at his final record this season while talking about "improving". lol... 3 years later... hoping to break even.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar