Titans PLEASE Draft A Return Man!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Let's face it the returners we've used this year: Mouton, McCourtey, Hawkins, Britt, Pearman, Ringer, Jones, Finnegan, Griffin, and Kaesviharn shouldn't be returning (Britt did OK).

We really need a returnman after losing Chris Carr, and the Free Agency doesn't offer alot in that department (Cribbs will probably be resigned). So the Titans need to draft a return man 4th-7th round. I'm wanting a CB 1st round, and want him to focus on his CB skills not returning. Javier Arenas and Perrish Cox could return kicks and are projected 2nd rounder so they would be a reach with the 17th pick;so I would think a RB/WR returner. Actually there is alot of hidden gems that could return as well as some well known college players. Heres my ideas:

Andre Roberts - WR - Citadel - 5'11 190lbs - 4.38* 40 time. Projected: 5th. Andre Roberts had 2 1000 yard rec. seasons with 10+ TDs. FCS All-American x2. Returned mostly punts. Can actually play WR and would make a good 5th stringer.

Ricardo Lockette - WR - Bethel - 6'3 200lbs - 4.35* 40 Time. Projected: 7th. Won the 200m dash in Divison II Track & Field before transferring to Bethel (in TN.) This guy can fly and is just starting to play football; Potential is crazy.

Patrick Stoudamire - CB - W. ILL - 5'11 198lbs - 4.49* 40 Time. Projected: 6th. I attended Western Illinois for a semester and saw this guy play. He's so fast, and a very nice loyal guy. He also was on the track team.

Kelton Tindal - WR/RB - Newberry - 6'2 195lbs - 4.22 40 Time. Projected: 6th. Newberry is a division II school, Tindal was recruited by Clemson and South Carolina. Tindal took his ACT late and wasn't able to sign with either team due to it. This guy was clocked at 4.19 before. Played WR and RB and had little time at CB.

Michael Smith - RB - Arkansas - 5'9 190lbs - 4.40 40 Time. Projected: 5th. 1,072 Rush Yards 8 TDs 298 Rec. Yards 2 TDs his Jr. Year. 5 career return TDs in only 53 returns. Hurt his hammy Sr. Year then lost playing time.

Trindon Holliday - RB - LSU - 5'5 150lbs - 4.25* 40 Time. Projection: ?. Possibly may focus on Track and not go to the NFL. Runs a 100m dash in 10.02. One of the fastest college runners ever. Great returner. This guy is the fastest player in all the NCAA, and not just football.

LeRoy Vann - RB/WR/CB - Florida A&M - 5'8 185lbs - 4.40* 40 Time. Projection: 6th. 11 career return TDs in 2 years of returning. All-American returning (FCS) Record holder for returns in season. Vann is amazing, you might have saw him on ESPN Top Plays like 2 months ago? Great vision. Vann is working out with Floridas trainers to work on his speed.
    *Unofficial times

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

unfortunately for trindon holiday, he's way too short to run track professionally.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I like Britt back there returning kickoffs. I know he's our future, and is at risk fielding those kicks, but he won't fumble inside the 20 like others. I also use him in my Madden franchise, and the dude is constantly scoring on returns. Thats not real thou, but could be in 2010. I'm sure this is their 2nd focus after securing a real CB to play opposite Cortland.

4. xpmar9x

Needs to sleep in Miracle-Gro. Being 5'5 could be an advantage for the NFL. Harder for the defense to get low enough to hit him, even more when he's flying by you.

5. xpmar9x

lol, you could have Alge Crumpler at return man and return them for TDs :p

I would like Britt back there at KR, but I would rather have him focus 101% on development in the receiving game.

6. gillbilly

gillbilly Camp Fodder

When was the last time someone on our team returned a kick or punt for a TD?

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i think he's working at 7-11 now...

8. xpmar9x

After doing research for this thread I'm liking either Kelton Tindal or LeRoy Vann.

Tindal was a 3 Star prospect his SR year in high school. Recruited heavy by Clemson and South Carolina. Due to an ACT mess-up he went to Newberry and fell in love with it and didn't want to transfer. Tindal was a 3 sport athlete, Football-Baseball-Track. He ran a 4.19 (faster than CJ) supposably. Last April he was 6'2 189 with a 39'' Vert and also ran a 4.22. He is focusing on WR he stated. Could be the returner and 5th sting WR.

LeRoy Vann. Now this guy is just amazing. 11 career returns for TDs in just 2 years of returning. He played CB only freshman and sophomore year. Junior year played CB, WR, and R. Senior year played WR, RB, CB, and R. Vann could be the return man, play emergency RB and CB and 5th string WR.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kenny Britt being a returner is brainless, simply put.

1. He's not quite fast enough.
    2. He's a huge target.
    3. He's our best WR.

Find me one other team that uses their best receiver on KRs. Very few of them.

KR/PR should be for a small fast guy that can squeeze though a hole and burn teams. Why didn't we use Hawkins? Why not any of the other guys more suitable?
    Trying to understand our coaching staff is like trying to figure out a foreign language by visuals, though.

Trindon Holiday would be awesome.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

resign pacman, KR/PR/starting CB DONE. next question

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar