Titans PLEASE Draft A Return Man!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

I think if the Titans had the opportunity - they should trade some compensatory picks and 2011's 2nd round pick to get a high 2nd round pick this go around and get Jordan Shipley. If the Titans could get Shipley in the 2nd round it would be a steal, and maybe I'm biased but I don't see them getting a better athlete in 2011.

Shipley could easily become the Titan's leading receiver as he just oozes WR records in Texas starting from high school. He's like a freak of nature athlete that competes tougher than any and his return skills could be instantly plugged into the Titan's team. He's returned kickoffs and punts for Texas to the house many a time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

You can't trade compensatory picks.

Our leading receiver will be Britt.

3. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

If we draft a guy to return kick/punt it has to be dexter mccluster. I played against him in highschool... no lie. He went to largo I played at tarpon springs. Hes a little under sized but hes got football smarts, goes hard every play(look up his block on Chad Jone's),and is crazy productive. Plus him n CJ on the field at the same time would be scary for any defense.

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I don't see McCluster falling past rnds 3 or 4 unless his shoulder is messed up. The ONLY offensive player we should be looking at early is an OC or OG imo.

We will not be able to beat the elite teams until our D is at least better than 15th and if you want to compete for the Super Bowl, we need a top 10 D.

We can get a return guy in rnds 5-7 or even AFTER the draft so we need to invest most of our high picks on defense unless they really break the bank on defensive free agents.

Gut

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hmmm...about the only return type player I'd draft high would be Javier Arenas IF the Titans could somehow recoup a 2nd, or do something like trade White to Cleveland for Cribbs. I'd love it if Arenas could be had by the Titans in round three, however.

I agree with Gut, and since there are so many holes on defense, I think the Titans need to somehow acquire a 2nd round pick.

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Shipley is gifted and has the look of a real NFL WR. He seems to have good hands and vision and has the size. He's got alot of work to do, but he's a good pick because he could start out returnin kicks and possibly start as WR if needed. What round is this guy projected? 2nd round?

7. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Hawk never got a fair chance, he was a good returner at Cal. and never really got a shot here.

8. Ericgolonghorns

Ericgolonghorns Camp Fodder

Ya, Shipley has about every high school record for receiving in Texas - and has set many records at UT with his senior season.

Unfortunately, I think Shipley is a first round pick and the Titans need defense more than they need a marquee receiver..There's no way the Titans are going to get him unless they pick him in the first round.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

yeah. then when he does get hit "low enough" hes dead...

10. highstep

highstep Camp Fodder

Hawk had every opportunity to prove himself during practice, pre-season and the regular season. I'm sure by now he would have had his shot, he's not a bad player by any stretch but he's not cut out to be a NFL return man.

As far as the draft goes, Javier Arenas, you're addressing two needs in one. Great over corner and tackler to fill the void of Harper/Hood. Possesses great speed and upfield vision.

Also on Shipley, love to have him, don't know about his speed in the NFL as a return man but would be a nice weapon on offense. Especially with another ex-longhorn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar