Titans Pleased with Progress of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With Cardinals rookie QB Matt Leinart playing so well in his first two starts, the comparisons between him and Vince Young have already began. Titans GM Floyd Reese says it is impossible and unfair to judge at this point. "The difficult part of it is everybody wants to try to compare and contrast them, and you just can’t do that, simply because you don’t know what Matt would do with our players and you don’t know what Vince could do throwing to their players," Reese said. "You go back and forth and back and forth. We all say that with draft choices, you need a year or two to kind of evaluate them, and I think there’s some truth to that, and for sure with a quarterback, you need a couple of years to really see."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. fltitan

fltitan Guest

VY is playing well but more importantly he is getting experience he needs to really give us a chance in every game next year. Many of the rookie mistakes he is making will disappear as he learns to read defenses better. He is certainly playing better than many of us expected after 6 games. If our running game continues to improve and he starts to run more opposing defenses will have a very difficult time with our offense. He is going to be a great player.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what do you expect the Titans to say "He Sucks" Even if he is behind where you think he should be you still have to build his confidence.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or maybe they really are impressed with his progress? just a thought.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

everybody has one :yes:

6. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

I hereby nominate Ewker as the.....

Troll of the Year :banned: :banned:

There have been a few to hold this honor. And it is my pleasure to nominate one so worthy of the distinction.

Anyone second the nomination?? :yes: :yes:

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:wave:

rolltide comes in at a close second

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

sorry if you don't like my opinions. At least I don't flip-flop (like some do) on what I think

9. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Translation: I'm going to spout the same negative opinions no matter what and despite any evidence to the contrary.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hasn't been any :moon2: :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar