Titans Post-Draft Positional Breakdown: Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've always been a fan of Fitz. He actually has what it takes to be a successful QB in the league, I've seen nothing of that sort from Locker. He's got a big arm he uses to overthrow receivers, and a novice understanding of the game.

He wasn't kicked out of Buffalo because he's some scrub, he was cut because it was the financially smart thing to do because he had a big contract that he couldn't live up to on that crap team.

2. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Your making excuses for him. He has underwhelmed since he got a fat paycheck and will be a career NFL backup from here on out. Albeit an above average backup he still is what he is nonetheless.

Locker has had one NFL season behind an injury riddled line and an injured shoulder. Without a healthy line it had a trickle down effect on the team to go along with a coordinator making him fit an outdated scheme rather than playing to his strengths. Locker had little more supporting cast than Fitz did in Buffalo and very little exp. I'm not completely sold on Locker but I hope he takes off with our new offensive scheme and revamped line/weapons we acquired. You rooting for a backup to supplant our starter in which the future rest upon is just mind boggling.

You act like Fitz had nobody he had a ground game featuring a dynamic RB and Fred Jackson who is more than competent. Not too mention Stevie Johnson who is a good WR. Locker had basically the same weapons as him but a line full on no names due to injury and a dislocated shoulder. Give him one more season before you pass judgement. You would have tried to run McNair out of town as well, look how that would have panned out.

3. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

He's only had one season worthy of the nut hugging you give him, and that's a fact jack.

And I guess if Locker completely busts that first statement might be true. Doesn't change the fact that Fitzpatrick had an entirely underrated recieving core and has still been monotonously below average his entire career.

4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

In all honesty I thought our offense would be explosive last year. I'm not getting my hopes up this year.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

2008: 1,228 yards, 4.9 average, 10 total touchdowns
    2009: 2,006 yards, 5.6 average, 16 total touchdowns
    2010: 1,364 yards, 4.3 average, 12 total touchdowns
    2011: 1,047 yards, 4.0 average, 4 total touchdowns
    2012: 1,243 yards, 4.5 average, 6 total touchdowns

He's had one "down" year (by his standards) in 2011 and compared to the rest of the league that year he was still above average. You sound stupid saying he's only had one good year.

6. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

While he has good stats still (above 1k) he hasn't been as consistent. I think that's what will either make or break him as a professional. I'm not talking 50 yard runs, I'm talking 3-4 yard first downs.

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

BOOM!! thesurething is a great screen name...it absolutely is thesurething that he/she is wrong in every post.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

If a QB who's passer rating ceiling is around 80, has a noodle arm that throws a god awful 4.5 ypa, and has had only 2 years of mediocre play, then I guess there isn't anything more for me to say. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7426/career

2012 and 2010. The only years that can't be described as pi*s poor. And were still comparable to Locker's year last year. This completely setting aside the fact that Fitz is a veteran and Locker has rushing ability.

As far as you writing off Locker.. Going to go out on a limb and say you weren't a Fitz fan his first 5 years in the league when he couldn't put on a good showing to save his life.

I used to give you the benefit if the doubt when it came to CJ, still catching flashbacks of 08.

But now you seriously are sounding like an ignorant jackass. Writing off our best QB for a guy who is a average on his best days makes you look like a troll.

Maybe we should go after Mark Sanchez or Jason Campbell? Any other mind numbingly average QBs catching your eye?

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

With the offense we have built this off season I think the presure for Locker to win every game will be gone. We have a better plan than that now. It will be his job to manage the game and not loose it. I think you will see him excell in this role and he earned the right; thru beatings and injuries, to try to do that for us. Give the plan a chance to unfold. This is gonna be a great season to be a Titan fan and every week will be something new.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

BUT FITZ WAS ON THE BILLS AND LOCKER WAS THROWING TO HALL OF FAMERS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar