Titans Post-Draft Positional Breakdown: Offense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Fwi, that one good year comment was toward your mancrush toward CJ.

IMO, CJ has had 3 good years. But only one worth the eternal boner you have aimed his way.

I guess if we are talking about Fitz, he has had 0 good years... So yeah

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I definitely think Fitz has a chance to become starter if Locker plays like garbage. That is all.

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

Proven accuracy?!?!?! Fitz has a career completion percentage of 59.5% compared to Locker's 55.5%. Not a big difference, especially considering that in Locker's only season as a starter he played injured and with a makeshift OL.

As far as Fitz being "so far ahead"... He should be!!!!! 8 years in the league compared to 2!

In an 8 year career he only has 3 seasons "better" than Locker, compared to Locker's only 1 season as a starter?! How can you even make that comparison?! Stupid point! Also, how can you say more than Locker will ever have????? You can see the future now?! Come ON man!!!

Let's compare their first seasons with more than 10 starts:
    Fitz: GS:12 Yards:1905 Comp%:59.4 TD:8 INT:9 Yards/Attempt:5.1 Rating:70
    Locker: GS:11 Yards:2176 Comp%:56.4 TD:10 INT:11 Yards/Attempt:6.9 Rating:74

Seriously, who would you rather have? Not to mention that this was Locker's 2 season in the NFL compared to Fitz's 4th. By your logic, you would of given McNair the boot too!

Trollin' aint easy!!! Get off his back and give the kid a damn chance.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Fitz is better than Locker, none of you have yet to make a valid point arguing that. All I hear is excuses for Locker. "He's only had one season as a starter! He's learning! He got injured!" Blah Blah, put up or shut up.

Instead of bashing Fitz who's not nearly as bad as Locker was last season, just wait and see when this season starts. If/When Locker plays like he did last year, Fitz will step in and prove what I've been saying all along FITZ IS BETTER THAN LOCKER.

5. Young54

Young54 Starter

and the two years before that 69.7 and 70. Point is... people can improve.

That's a fair point. It is possible that Fitz is given the nod if JL completely bombs. But let's be optimistic and give the kid a chance. It's not like he was in a perfect situation last year. Now, baring any string of injuries, he is a great situation to succeed. There is not need for all this trolling.

6. Young54

Young54 Starter

ooooh... because you're making genius arguments right?! You haven't made a single valid point! You just have a childlike obsession of wanting to be a contrarian and then refusing to back down. At no point last year did Locker show us a reason to justify his benching. Yea, he wasn't perfect, but he put up better numbers than Fitz and McNair in their first years as starters. How is that not a valid point?!?!

Put up or shut up?! Take your own advice man! You can't argue with the stats! If you don't like him because of some random personal vendetta, that's fine. But don't say he should be benched based on his performance last year. You just don't like him... We get it! Did he sleep with your girl or something? Seriously?

It is very possible that he doesn't pan out and becomes a bust. But right now, that argument isn't justified. Give the kid a chance before you crucify him.

7. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

This guy is going to eat so much crow.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Never before. [See CJ Apologists]

That said, I hope I do.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I think they are valid "excuses"

My opinion on where we should go with Locker will be determined THIS season. It takes a few years to know what you have at QB and he is no exception. Its not looking good for him, but I am still hopeful.

Fitz better than Locker? Possibly, and I actually would not argue against it TOO much. However Fitz has reached his ceiling, and we still dont have a clue what we have with Locker. Time will tell.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fitz might be better, but I'd rather rock with Locker for the time being and see where that goes. Cause honestly, Locker could be way better than Fitz is.

Your boy Fitz really aint sh't, so if it comes to that, we're screwed

You and everybody needs to be hoping Locker is what we need him to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar