Titans Posters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Deuce Wayne, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

DEFINITELY INTERESTED!! Whats the price? GoTitans discount ;)?

2. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think he could get away with them if they didn't use like the Nike, NFL, Titans logos. Its not like CJ2K is a copyright. So if he avoids that sorta thing I bet he could do whatever he wants. Just my thoughts on it anyways.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

See now I would assume CJ2K (as well as "every coaches dream") is trademarked. Remember we're talking about a guy who sued "Dreads on a stick".

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Well do you think CJ would sue a Titans fan who clearly is showing he's a fan of CJ? I think I'd take that chance. Worst case it'd be like the guy 3d printing final fantasy figures.. A cease and desist order is all that would happen.

5. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Love that poster. As for more ideas. Here are some pics I love that would make cool posters

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep! Which is why I'm sticking with minimalist design. No logos used, no actual names... so there's no "danger area".

The price will most likely be around the 20-25 dollar range.

International shipping I can do, but shipping charges would apply. Ya' know.

Thanks for the feed though guys. I'll pick up production on them asap.

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I've looked into something similar to this before (although not Titan/NFL related). And I really don't think it's as simple as "remove all names and logos and I'm good". You're still clearly using CJ's likeness in that image, even though there are no facial features (as evidenced by the fact that you put "CJ2K Every Coaches Dream" at the bottom... I think you'd be much more likely to be in the clear without that part).

Again though, I'm no lawyer. But bottom line is you'd technically be profiting off of the NFL, the Tennessee Titans, as well as specific players. That could be an issue. Copyright law is pretty tricky from what I can gather. From what I've read, the only use of another person's likeness that is almost always okay is in parody form.

All that said, Msut is probably right in that if there were an issue you'd most likely just receive a cease and desist. I'm not saying don't do it. I'd just be careful about broadcasting it on a site like this.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

True enough. I think I'll be fine by being fairly vague, but if it's an issue- we'll fix it as time comes.

NFL is super touchy about that stuff, so who knows.

That's not Chris Johnson though.

It's Carry Jordan. He plays for the Hennessee Lightnin'.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

CJ2K isn't copyrighted? That'd be surprising.

10. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I like the styling.

I'd like to see:

Albert Haynesworth stomp.

Nah but for real.. ;)

1) What about Nate's over the head of the defender grab from last season, Detroit game?
    2) Eddie stiff arming / trucking Ray faghat Lewis
    3) One with Steve and Eddie together would be good if you could find like..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MOTHER****IN FINNEGAN DESTROYING FRUITY HINES

[​IMG]

Just throwin out ideas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar