Titans "prepared to spend" in FA?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

We 'spent' on McCain and Blake and look how that went..

Also, John Ross may be the worst possible WR fit for the Titans. Another KW.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I should be noted the rookies have a tendency to be overwhelmed by DLB defense. Many have said his zone blitzing scheme is a bit to hard for someone who is just getting his feet wet in the NFL, even Troy Polamalu underwhelmed his first season.

Not that it needs to be a deciding factor but there is something to be said about fixing our biggest need in FA and not throwing two young DBs to the wolves and having to go through those growing pains in what should be a playoff season for us.

3. Finnebosch

McCain was decent when he could actually play in the nickle role he was brought here for. Cox and McCourty injurys made him play outside where he was horribad.

4. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

If we're gonna spend, make it smart..

Hightower, Gilmore, and maybe Thielen

5. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

John Ross is not another KW. Not even close

6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Speed alone separates Ross from KW...KW is not fast/shift at all considering his size...Ross can also RUN ROUTES and stay upright.

7. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

titans fans are the only fans all worried about spending too much of the owners money... lol. we have 60 mil in caps pace! 60! front load that contract and get a playmaker! ****

worst case scenario we pay him a bunch of money, he doesnt work out, and we cut him. it's not coming out of your own pockets guys lol

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would be very surprised if we didn't try to fix our secondary problem in FA. I think some people will blow a gasket if we don't land one of the top CBs, but given the high price the top guys are going to get I could see us looking more at the 2nd tier guys with the plan of adding a day 1 starter in the draft.

Would you rather have Hightower and a 2nd tier CB or just a top tier CB???

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

We just don't use a lot of 3 receiver sets and I can't see someone Ross's size on the field to block 40 times a game.

10. Finnebosch

I agree. Being aggressive is different from being stupid but we are in an almost unique posistion this offseason given the quality of team we have and the resources we have available to us.

I'm weary of Hightowers injury history. I don't think that he's ever played a full 16 game season. That makes me nervous about giving him a contract

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar