Titans President/CEO Rumors & Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Eddie would be a great move in my opinion. Not sure if it's feasible but I think he genuinely wants to turn the franchise around and steer it in the right direction rather than just some guy with enough money wanting to own a franchise for the sake of owning one.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

I do not know that Eddie would have the business ability. I am not saying he doesn't. I am legitimately saying I do not know. I would like the idea of a former Titans' great running the team. I just do not know enough about his business background, or education to say that he could do it. I am sure there is a lot of legal, accounting/financial, and business understanding that must go into this type of position. As much as I would like to see a former Titan do the job, I am just not sure one would be prepared enough to do it well.

I am not writing anyone off, I just do not know enough about what Eddie has been doing to say yes or no.

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I have a bad feeling that Eddie would be an absolute disaster as a CEO/president of the team.

I love the guy, but I just have a feeling he'd do more of the same crap we've done... Overrating good character guys and overlooking talent time and time again.

I am all for getting good character guys. That's important. But sometimes I feel we have drafted based soley on character (Locker, Sankey, etc).

What we'd need Eddie to find is another Eddie. Not necessarily a RB... but a leader of the team who plays with a ton of passion and love for the game. A guy who puts it all on the line 100% of the time and never blames others around him.

We need one on offense and one on defense. If he can find those type of guys, then he'd be awesome for us.

I wouldn't mind us hiring him to be team president... but we better be ready and willing to fire him if he sucks after a few seasons.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

I think we need a GM that can do that!!! The team President really should not be putting the roster together. I think he should be heavily involved and if there is a guy he sees as a "we can't miss out on this guy" type of player then get involved. However, I really hope we get a team president that is ready to hire a young innovative football mind as GM from outside of this organization.

This team has promoted from within for way too long. Doing this was a good practice to loyal people, but it really restricts the new fresh ideas and perspectives coming into the building. This kind of work is what has kept this team in the toilet league for so long. Bud Adams & his good ole boy mentality hurt this team tremendously. We now need new eyes on this team at every level. Whisenhunt may turn it around I his 2nd year; but we desperately need a new GM to build this roster. I really hope it is one from a team that has been a contender every year & has learned how to build through the draft.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't Eddie is qualified at all for the job. The kind of ex-NFL player who might have the experience is one who has retired and moved onto build or manage a successful business.

The problem is, any ex-Oiler is likely to be more involved with the Houston franchise. It's more likely to be someone from another franchise.

The owners of the Titans are not going to hand over the reins to just a name.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hilarious that people around here think being a somewhat good RB who has done moderately well in business (with what might be a few gigantic blunders) somehow makes a guy qualified to run a multibillion-dollar sports franchise.

The Titans should hire a businessman with a proven track record of success at a very high level. Anything else would be insane.

Yes, John Elway has succeeded with the Broncos. You guys know that he has a degree in economics from f'ing Stanford and had previous experience owning and operating a sports franchise (the Colorado Crush of the AFL), right? I feel like some of you don't get this.

Eddie George majored in landscape architecture. LOL.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. The Bukafax

The Bukafax Starter

I took Marketing at Durham College down the road from you, I am qualified to run this organization. I will be making a large push to get myself into the presidency of the Titans. I will bring back greatness.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Eddie has a master's degree

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Good for him. So do millions of people.

Maybe he can go run a really good landscaping company. He certainly isn't qualified to run an NFL team.

10. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I don't disagree that Eddie likely does not have the requisite experience for the CEO role now (although, unlike others, I am not going to diss or marginalize anyone who completed a technical degree and MBA), however, I do think it would be very helpful for him to take on a leadership role within the organization.

The team needs good executive management, but it also needs leadership from people who truly value winning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar