Titans put on pads for bye week work

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em> <p>With a weekend off on the horizon, Titans coach Jeff Fisher had most of his team in pads for practice on New Year's Day.</p> <p>"Well, you actually play in your pads on Sundays so I thought it would be good," he told local reporters afterward. "We talked about it earlier in the week, the pads. We'll probably put them back on again next week. It's all about maintaining your tempo and your timing and keeping your pad level down. We practice very well without them but with the week off and the extra time it made sense to use them today."</p> <p>Fisher was asked whether his players were excited about the more physical work.</p> <p>"I doubt it," Fisher said to laughs. "If they're not upset at something then you're not doing the right things. No, they're fine. They understood why we did it and they're fine."</p> <p>The Titans practice Friday before enjoying the reward of securing the No. 1 seed and watching the AFC wild card games that will determine their opponent in the divisional round on Jan. 10.</p>

More...

2. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

I wonder where some of them are getting together to watch the games, and whom will be with whom?

Is Vince going back to McNair's house for wings? I hope he takes his cell phone with him.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Collins said hes going to be up on a tree all day hunting on Saturday, i hope he brings his helmet this time. We all know what happened last time he went hunting, guy almost broke his nose :ha:

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

This right here is exactly why Fisher is not only the best coach in the league, it's why his players respect him so much and want to do their best.

If I were a player, I could probably find better things to do this bye week than to put on pads and practice, but if my coach had that mentality, I'd be right out there with the rest of them, bright eyed, and bushy tail(albeit whipping around like a pissed off cat).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar