Titans QB Situation "Difficult" for Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Despite the situation he's in, QB Billy Volek is dealing with matters by remaining focused and preparing himself to be the Titans #1 QB entering the season. "He’s done fine. He’s focused, and he understands the situation," said Titans Coach Jeff Fisher. "He’s doing everything he possibly can to get himself ready to play. He’s been fine. He’s accepted the current situation the way it is, and all he can do is prepare himself to play." Fisher recognizes the situation is difficult for Volek but vows that once the decision is made as to who the starter will be, he won't look back. "The situation is difficult right now. I don’t think we’ve had a more sensitive quarterback issue since I became the head coach here, where you have a proven starter who’s not in the building, you’re getting ready to bring on a rookie, and you’ve got a back-up that hopes to start because he’s proven to everybody that he has the ability," said Fisher. "We’re dealing with it, and as soon as we get things worked out, then we’ll name whoever is going to be the starter the starter, and we won’t look back."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Yeah, we won't look back...until whomever starts tanks around the bye week.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

looking back ? a sly reference to the McNair era ?

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

The big question about Volek is can he stay healthy but thats exactly the same situation with NcNair. If Volek is the starter and stays healthy he is good enough to win games. IMO we will run the ball more than we have the last couple of years and White will make those 3rd or 4th and short to keep drives alive. If the OL steps up and gives Volek time there is no question he can throw the football.

5. Sledge

Sledge Guest

volek is a stiff. he can only throw to one guy, and that was two years ago. if mcnair ain't around, look for vince young to start when we go to miami

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

no chance.

7. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

As Much As I Want Vince To Start I Hope HE Sits Out Maybe We Can Get Kerry Or Someone To Help Vince Out

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Kerry? I'd rather have this guy under center.

[​IMG]

:ha: classic...

9. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar