Titans qb status.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanfantilidie, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanfantilidie

titanfantilidie Starter

Not since Steve McNair in his prime have I felt really good about our current qbs. This is where the foundation starts and we are on our way, finally, again,

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree. The foundation is starting, but lets wait and see Locker in action before we declare he's our savior? We thought the same thing with VY and look what happened. I'm hoping with everything I got that Locker dominates.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I felt pretty good when we had McNair and Volek...but Hasselbeck and Locker will do just fine. I hear Ratliffe is pretty good, too.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah, Brett is playing solid (from what I've heard). He might sneak away that QB#3 spot from ole Rusty. Hopefully neither will have to play anyways lol

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

You have to expect to take some lumps with Locker but it is part of the learning process. Seems like a solid guy, hope he does well.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've heard Locker did better in his team scrimmage than Gabbert did in his.

7. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I'm excited about our future at the quarterback position. With Palmer and Hasselbeck preparing Locker I think we have a bright future in that position. And hell, Manning isn't long for the league, so in a few years I expect we'll have the best QB in the AFC South. :D

Now we just need a killer WR that isn't injury prone and isn't constantly getting in trouble with the law...

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Let Locker take a snap before we compare him to McNair in his prime.

9. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Hopefully Locker will be the man. You have to have top-notch QB play in this league in order to win, unless your defense is just the elite of the elite. We've invested in Locker (8th overall pick) so hopefully he will be able to carry this team in the future.

I'd keep my eye on Blaine Gabbert, though. Should be interesting to see how his and Locker's careers parallel.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've had a top tier QB. At least top 10.

As far as what we have now its still an unknown. I'm hoping Locker can step in early but until him or Hasselbeck step onto the field as a Titan we don't know for sure. Hasselbeck had a rough past two years but the Titans have some real offensive weapons.

Locker is a question mark with high upside. If he can develop a solid passing attack his legs could cause problems for defenses and help us to convert 3rd downs.

I'm pleased with Locker's progress thus far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar