Titans, Raiders eye Keyshawn

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Exactly. Just because we drafted these guys highly doesn't mean they must get playing time. They have shown absolutely nothing so far in two years. Sometimes you gotta know when to say when.

It sucks that we drafted 3 receivers this year and now Keyshawn is a FA, but who cares? We shouldn't have taken 3 receivers in the first place. Better to keep our mistakes at 1 than double it by passing on Keyshawn.

2. well remember the times before when we took 3 de and 3 wr in the draft, none of them turned out to be any good... i hope that this class can prove us wrong

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You keep harping on this point that Keyshawn was some kind of integral cog in the Carolina offense. I grant you he wasn't totally terrible but despite Carolina not having much behind Keyshawn on the depth chart with a green rookie coming in they still decided that Keyshawn wasn't worth having around. It is possible the Panthers could have had an even worse year without him but obviously they were not all that impressed with his current talent level.

If the Titans were knocking on the door of a serious playoff run I could seriously see bringing in Johnson as a stop gap. However, the situation we are in now is we need to discover and develop talent at WR and find out who we want in a few years when we do make a run. We have a bunch of draft picks and time invested in these guys already, lets see what they can do and not waste time on a guy who will be in the bradcast booth in another year anyway. Also, the money we don't waste on Johnson can be used to extend some of the core guys we want here 4 years from now.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Big red..

Ok forget those 2 guys; what about orr and our three new guys? Do they all just automatically suck? Maybe in that group is another brandon jones and a bobby wade type guy. So then why do we need an ancient vet?

I'm not willing to give up on williams or roby either. One of those guys might become a real player. It took mason until his 4th season to deliver so you never know. Look at donald driver a similar situation. We made this investment in players and if it turns out they suck then we have to live with it.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think Johnson is going to get such a big contract that we won't be able to reup the other vets. We've got plenty of cap room, that shouldn't be a concern. I still don't see why adding 1 proven vet to our WR corps is going to set them all back that much. In that case, why did we draft three new guys? Won't that just interfere with the rest of them getting enough reps. Heck, Jones showed us that he has potential, clearly he doesn't need game time anymore, go ahead and cut him to give the 6th round rookie more time. At some point, we need to do something to help production this year.

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Look, as far as i'm concerned, we have one reciever available right now who has done a damn thing in the NFL, and that's Brandon Jones. Unless you think that Williams, Filani, and Davis are going to set the league on fire, what's so bad about picking up Keyshawn for one year while those three get used to the life of the NFL.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Brandon Jones has done something in the NFL? Not really. The only receiver that we have that has done anything in the NFL is hurt, Givens.

8. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

More the reason to pick up a proven veteran...

9. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

True. I wasn't saying we shouldn't bring in someone else. I just don't like that we've drafted 3 WRs, 2 out of the past three drafts plus we've signed FA WRs, but we still have a need at the position.

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

He got cut becuse he wouldn't take responsibilty for some of Delhomme's INTs, not because of his ability.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar