Titans RB situation in 08?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Lendale: 1110 yds, 3.7 ypc, 28 long, 7 TD
    Chris Brown: 462 yds, 4.5 ypc, 42 long, 5 TD
    Chris Henry: 119 yds, 2.8 ypc, 24 long, 2 TD

Possible available RBs:
    Michael Turner
    Julius Jones
    Jamal Lewis
    Marion Barber
    Rudi Johnson (expected release)
    Derrick Ward
    Vernand Morrency
    Cedric Cobbs
    T.J. Duckett
    Justin Fargas
    Noah Herron
    Maurice Hicks
    Travis Minor
    Mewelde Moore
    Artose Pinner
    Musa Smith
    Tyson Thompson
    LaBrandon Toefield
    Mike Alstott
    Brad Hoover
    Tony Richardson
    Derrick Wimbush

What do The Titans do in 08?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Marion Barber
    Justin Vargas
    Michael Turner

other than that, eh.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

My favorite rb to draft for us late:

Anthony Alridge, Houston
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 170.
    40 Time: 4.26.
    Projected Round: 5.
    He runs a 4.26. That has to count for something. An effective pass-catcher, Anthony Alridge ran for 959 yards and eight touchdowns - all on just 95 carries.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ff7fS06deQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6ff7fS06deQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xs7HUBL4Q5s&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xs7HUBL4Q5s&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I really like some of the early round talent in the draft. Stewart, Mendenhall....those are carry the load types. The depth could be decent too, but maybe with guys who would be more part time type backs for us. I like the Johnson kid from East Carolina since he looks like Reggie Bush lite. Maybe Chow can work well with another slashing fast runner/receiver like that?

But I have a feeling we won't draft RB early again. I think they'll let LW/CH play out a bit more. On one hand, I understand the need to let them show what they've got, but on the other hand, I don't really think either will be really good.

I'd guess the 3rd RB is more than likely a FA. Marion Barber is a dream that won't come true. I think Lewis will stay in Cleveland, but I'd definitely look at him if he becomes available. Moore would be a nice 3rd down back, but not a guy who gets the majority of the handoffs.

Turner is fine by me if the contract is right. He's fast, strong, and seems like a good fit. Barber seems like the best fit....oh we were so close on the 05 draft :irked:

5. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Lendale and Jamal Lewis would tear defenses up.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Cleveland will re-sign Jamal Lewis. The Cowboys will re-sign Marion Barber.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

White and Turner would be a nice combo ...

8. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

I wouldn't care to keep what we've got right now.

9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Hmm..interesting..

Doubt they would draft a RB. They seem content with Lenfat and his measly 3.7yrds a carry average. Chris Henry SUCKSSSSSS..tons of so-called 'potential', I don't see it. Brown is a wuss. Yes The Titans have some issues at RB...

10. LenDale White
    Chris Henry
    Travis Minor...

not how i want it to happen, just probably what will happen..

we aren't gonna spend big money on a back, if we just had a 1,100 yard rusher the year before...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar