Titans RB situation in 08?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Titans o-line > LW

:))

2. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

I have no problem with Lendale, I've been a big supporter actually. But I recognize his limitations. He has no explosiveness or big play ability. He is a consistent 1-to-8 yard gainer back. Almost never will his gains vary from that range which is both good and bad.

We need to have a guy to rotate with him that actually does have that big play ability. Felix Jones and Jamal Charles are the two guys I hope we target. Shifty, breakaway speed, Jones is an above average kick returner to boot and has platooned his whole career... Put those guys in on 3rd and medium to long and half of the 1st and 2nd down, put Lendale in on 3rd and short and half of the 1st and 2nd downs. Huge upgrade to Chris Brown who is TERRIBLE.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Ok, I take it back. Chris Brown should not be on this team anymore PERIOD. I don't care if it's for vet minimum. If C.Brown is re-signed by the Titans I will be mad as hell.

4. DJB

DJB Starter

I think Brown sealed his fate in the last two games. I was a big Henry supporter in pre-season but after watching him run the ball I think I know the answer to the question "wow! This guy is super fast and strong! Why didn't he get more carries in college?"

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo is at it again. Making no damn sense at all but look for about 20 points to defend a position that's wrong. :rolleyes:

Our interior offensive line is average at best. Mawae is 36 years old and olson will be 33 in june. Both are just average players at this stage of their careers. Bell is just average period. Even roos arguably our best lineman is exceptionally strong in pass blocking but not as strong on run downs.

Our #1 problem in the red zone is our running game which bogs down when teams tighten up. Get some bigass earth movers in there and start busting people up. Duke robinson is the guy for that, maybe faneca might want to come here.. Big tackles like baker or boone would be possibilities because stewart could be moved inside.

Any of you volunteer fans have an assessment of guard eric young? Might be a 2nd rd possibility..

Anybody who watched the titans this year and thinks lendale white had huge lanes to run through ought to be checked for glasses..

6. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

Well for a start,Hall should get alot more carries next year. He reminded me of Christian Okoye the way he was running **** last night.

7. DUDE!! Absolutely right.. Thing is.. I don't think some of the "fans" want o admit how average the line is.

But the Titans do know... and will address it!

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Aw coming from you that really breaks my heart. But again, I must give you credit for your sense of irony.

The interior line was not bad this year, no matter the guys age. They opened plenty of holes LW was too slow to get through. He could not put moves on 2nd or 3rd level guys, and he couldn't outrun them or at least make them chase him for a bit. And he could never run to the outside. He's a plow, and he's good at that, but a lot of yards were there that he could not take advantage of.

When I watch other teams, I see plenty of times where it's a stalemate inside and a RB has to break it outside for a gain. LW is probably the worst back in the league at that.

I watch other teams lines close. I watch the Titans close and even closer on replay. I'm confident in my assessment of the Titans run game. I'd also like to mention that Hall and Hartsock have been excellent blockers too.

9. You're being very biased when you watch Titan games then.. Because, when I watch the games.. I don't see holes.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:applause:

Reinfeldt hopefully feels differently about the importance of the interior OL than Reese did. If Harris develops and Amano plays well, one top G could make a huge difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar