Titans RB Situation Uncertain for '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Who are you talking about? I agree Brown isn't a power back who moves piles. For that matter I don't think LT or Alexander qualify as pile movers either. I totally disagree that Brown has poor vision or cannot break away from defenders. Just watch some 2004 highlites.

2. metal957

metal957 Starter

The Premier Free angent running backs this year.

Shawn Alexander
    Edgerrin James
    Jamal Lewis

Not bad choices and all are decent power backs

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Be careful metal...You might get a bad name thinking like I do...
    Seriously though this running game is sorry and for the whole last month of the season I was hanging it on the O-line...now they were bad, don't get me wrong but Brown/Henry has been such a huge dissappointment...It's sick. I'm not for dumping them. I say improve the line and give 'em another shot.

I've been confused about CB's contract...If this is his last year I still say wear him out. I don't want him to resign. I like him okay. I just won't be looking for him in the future. Henry I'm lost on. Honestly, what little I've seen of Nash I've liked. I've always been riding Payton's jock but that's just for namesake...I like the idea of J.Payton. I still think he's good though.

In a future draft...i.e. if we take a qb in the first in this upcoming draft and we tank, which we likely will...man, seriously we need to get a beast type back. I hate using that term because it is not my own but Critical Theory has been right about the type of back the Titans need. I don't agree with his or others over the top criticism of Chris Brown, but I recognize that Brown is not good enough to be a stud, Probowl type player...

Even CB's best supporters concede he is not that. That's what we need IMO. The Titans are supposed to be a power running football team...what is wrong with the Titans lately? I'm not a big fan of the new Chow offense but the one thing it does feature is the run...But the run production sucks I don't care what the damn average is. The line sucks, kills needed 1st downs with stupid penalties...ramble, ramble, ramble...

FA for a running back is not an option for us this year.
    That's what bargin bin T.Henry was supposed to be...
    He was on sale so to speak...deeply discounted...
    Guess what? We got ripped off.

If Brown/Henry doesn't put up this next season...
    well, I'm in no position to make threats but I will be unhappy.:hmm:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

BiPolar, which would you rather have:
    1) a stud runningback, who can run behind any line
    2) a "stud" O-line, who you can plug any runningback into and he does well (think Denver)

I want #2. It's cheaper, lasts longer and is less "injury prone".

5. How is a stud OLine cheaper? You're paying 5 guys more versus paying 1 RB more...

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Star how dare you bringing logic and critical thinking onto a football forum.:ha:

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

So basically we had two former (and recent) 1000 yd backs running. Yet, both sucked. It kinda makes you think it was A) the line or B) the playcalling. It's simple logic. No need to look at the numbers here.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I think you start building a stud line. The selection of Roos was solid. I think in the draft the O-line should be added to. Once that stud line is materializing we should get that stud running back. I don't see why you can't build a team from the ground up.

Bottom line...Chris Brown, Tyrone Calico, Andre Woolfolk...
    They have all...for one reason or another...have not met their draft day expectations. I bring those other player into citation for the sole purpose of legitimizing my claim that Chris Brown has not met his 3rd round (1st Day) expectation criteria.

Yes, Chris Brown has put up some good numbers at times. He's coughed the ball up and his production is sporatic. That, and he seems to have bad luck.

Luck? Luck you ask? Gee whiz, just ask Big TT about logic and reason. If logic and reason is out that luck is in. What about the OL penalties? That last sentence was utter bullcrap but the underlying theme here is that Chris Brown didn't turn out to be a steal here. When it's time to sign or sail I'm voting sail. Good luck to him but I hope we don't take some kind of 6-10 record and go courting him with offers.

I really think a franchise type RB should be in the draft plans next year.

btw- My impression with Denver and their success with the run over time is that it's attributed to the system that Shanahan runs.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Comparing Brown to Calico and Woolfolk is pure non-sense. Brown has far met or exceeded expectations for where he was drafted. Brown is a decent back. Just look at his 2004 numbers. Get out of the fog. RBS don't just dominate one year and stink the next unless there is an injury problem or a problem with the OL/Scheme. You even admit that one reason Denver has a consistent success in the run game is the scheme.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Soxcat, you honestly expect me to buy into that we expected Brown to spend all that time on the pine? It may be nonsensical but how is it pure non-sense? He was injured before he ever saw playing time. Keep in mind you're talking to a guy that thinks EG was a consistent starter...Seems Brown is always dinged. I'm sure Tide is going to come around and rip me to pieces but thank you for being so kind. I agree that he is good cheap labor. Most of what I am advocating is bringing in a new feature back after Brown's tenure is over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar