Titans Reach Agreement with G Scott

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

If we got a guy like Bryant Johnson I would put him as the #2 WR and then the guy we draft will battle for a #3 or #4 spot while getting more reps as the year goes on.

If we got Hackett I'm thinking he would be in a fight for the #2,3,4 spots with Roydell and the rookie.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Excuse me if I am not convinced of the Titans FO ability to evaluate talent. Do we need to go through all the wasted FAs and draft picks we've had over the Titans history?

We had Bell. We had consistency on the O-line. We knew what we would get with Bell and could have done it for not much more than signing Scott.

So are you so sure that Scott > Bell??

Because I want us to bring in a FA WR doesn't mean I am screaming to overpay someone. If we bring in a Bryant Johnson, Drew Carter, Hacket, then I'll be happy. Does the trio of Gage/R.Williams/B.Jones really impress you that much? Are we even likely to re-sign Roydell or B.Jones after this season? I would feel better with FA/Gage/DraftPick/R.Williams/B.Jones as our top5 WRs, in order, going into next season.

You really don't know if they were overpaid or not. If Berrian or Stallworth lights it up are you still gonna be screaming "mediocre overpaid talent"?
    What about Faneca? If he dominates then is he still "overpaid and washed up"?

I hope everyone is right, that Odom's production was based on AH,KVB and not Odom's own talent.

That convinced that Bell is replaceable huh? I sure hope it works out but I'd rather have the line consistency.

Kearse can't be an upgrade vs. Odom&Laboy. If we are relying on Kearse to start and replace both then we are screwed.

And both players "may be" significant downgrades to those we lost.

We've added 1 new starter: Crumpler.

We've HAD to replace 2 starters that are lost with new one's: Kearse, Scott.

We've re-signed 1 UFA: Gage.

We haven't re-signed ANYONE longterm that is nearing the end of his contract with the Titans. AH, Roos, Stewart, Bironas.

I don't see how anyone can be so complacent about the lack of what Reinfeldt has done this offseason.

Crumpler is the ONLY thing Reinfeldt has done to really improve the team next season through FA.

3. 12Gage

12Gage Camp Fodder

This is wonderful news. So long Jacob.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

yep, little money saved for sure. I don't know how much the chemistry on the O-line really matters, but it takes a step back with a new starter to adjust to.

Guess all we can do is hope it was the right move. And I'm glad we did bring someone in because I wasn't looking forward to the Titans soley relying on Amano/Harris to replace Bell and probably Olsen.

It's just confusing why we wouldn't keep our own for relatively the same price as bringing in a FA from another team.

5. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Is the sky still falling on gotitans.com? looks like it.

6. DJB

DJB Starter

Saying Reinfeldt has done a bad job at this point in the off-season is like walking up to Da Vinci after the first brush stroke of the Mona Lisa and saying "that sucks". I'm willing to let the guy finish his work before I slam him. It's a long time from the start of free agency and the opening game next season....and so far its been only a week.

7. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

Oh no the Titans are gonna be soooo horrible next year! Our GM has screwed us. I would be a better GM than this guy! What is he thinking? Oh my gosh I'm soooooooo mad right now.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gotta love the people firing back at the ones that think MR hadn't done anything, as if signing 2 major risks and a guard that we don't know much about is an "in your face".

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let me get this straight. You think MR a poor evaluator of talent. So he's screwed in your eyes no matter what he does. If he brings in a Stallworth and he doesn't work out, he sucks as a GM. If he's not willing to overpay for the guy because he thinks he won't live up to the contract, he sucks as a GM.

You want him to use a chunk of money to sign mediocre players. At the same time, you are critical he hasn't signed any of the Titans core players long-term. Yet he continues to demonstrate he's not going to put his team in cap hell by overpaying mediocre players so he HAS THE RESOURCES to sign his core players long-term.

Looks like he can't win in your eyes. He has plenty of time to complete long-term deals for Roos/Stewart and I have no doubt he will. He also has time to bring in players he feels can help the team as he did today.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Maybe you don't know much about Scott, but surely you don't believe the coaching staff is as in the dark about this guy as you are?? He played on a line that kept a lot of the league out of Peyton's face. My guess is that Munch probably knows this guys skills pretty well and you can be assured that Washburn has a book on the guy given the number of times we have had to face him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar