Titans reach deal with offensive lineman

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have agreed to terms with offensive lineman Michael Jasper, who worked out for the team on Wednesday.

Jasper, who is from Mt. Juliet, was a seventh round pick by the Buffalo Bills.

The Titans are thinner on the offensive line following the finger injury Mike Otto suffered in Tuesday night’s practice. Otto is not practicing on Wednesday.

Source: Titans Insider

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Otto may need surgery on a dislocated thumb and won't play Friday vs. the Bucs. Jasper gives us some depth there.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Is this the same Jasper that used to be Clayton Bigsby's personal assistant?

4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Hes a big fellow according to stats. He was released for supposedly not learning the plays and not hustling on other plays. Hes another one of those with potential but has not showed progress. Lets hope our coaches can do something with his 375 pounds.

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I thought this guy was drafted as a NT by the Bills last year? Funny thing, his agent is a girlfriend of mine's brother. From what I saw, he's a major project

6. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

practice squad guy.

7. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

From Mt. Juliet? Scrub... ;)

8. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

I went to school with Jasper at ut Martin and he played offense tackle some and defense some. He is a massive guy that I think has just never showed great skills at any one position. Really hope the titans find somewhere for him he has a lot of potential with that frame.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

9. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

A couple of days after the Bills gave up on offensive lineman Michael Jasper, the Titans decided to take a chance on the Mt. Juliet High School graduate.

The Titans signed the 6-foot-4, 375-pound Jasper and 6-5, 338-pound Jonathan Palmer on Wednesday, in order to provide depth to a lineup that’s been bothered by injury. Center/guard Eugene Amano was lost for the year earlier in the preseason, Mike Otto has been sidelined by a hand injury and veteran Steve Hutchinson got a day of rest on Wednesday.

Jasper was a seventh-round draft pick of the Bills last year after playing at tiny Bethel College. He weighed almost 400 pounds at the time he was drafted. The Bills cut Jasper on Monday, after coach Chan Gailey was unimpressed with his work in training camp. The Titans worked Jasper and some other interior offensive linemen this week, deciding that Jasper had the greatest potential.

“They brought some people in and it looked like he was the best of the group as far as an inside guy that maybe we can develop,” coach Mike Munchak said. “He moved well … When you’re that big and you can move pretty good, you’re interested to see how they do.”

Munchak also said that Jasper could be a candidate for the practice squad.

Palmer entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2007 after finishing his career at Auburn. He has spent time on a number of practice squads including time with the Eagles, Steelers, Panthers and Cardinals.

Neither Jasper nor Palmer has played in an NFL regular-season game.

Source: Titans Insider

10. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

"Jasper proved to be too much of a project to remain on the Bills' roster. Buffalo coach Chan Gailey indicated that Jasper struggled to grasp the playbook and didn't possess enough of a mean streak to cut it in the NFL."

Where is Sandra Bullock? We'll straighten this out right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar