Titans Reach out to Harper's Agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

I know Hood is older....but he could be signed for much lower than whatever we would pay for Harper. That seems to be our GMs agenda.

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I don't care if we draft 3 CBs in the draft, Nick Harper has no spot on this team. He was terrible all year. It's painful being a fan of this team.

3. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. SifuSoul

SifuSoul Camp Fodder

Rod Hood looked lost against Seattle if I remember correctly. I mean he played awful.

Nick's kinda all we got right now. We saw what happened when the rookies were in. There are gonna be a lot fewer starters that hit the market this offseason. We need the depth. We might all have good feelings about McCourty or Mouton or whatever, but a lot of people have good feelings about bad players. Paul Williams rings a bell. We got no guarantees. We need the depth.

Deal folks.

Having said that, it really doesn't make me feel great about our defense next year knowing Nick Harper is some of the best talent we got. Ugh...

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Harper is the only guy in the whole league that can give us depth? serious?

he must be worth 100 million to the Titans.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. madison

madison Camp Fodder

I hope this is not the upgrade Fisher just spoke about less than a month ago.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Hood is not the answer, guys. If he takes Harper's place, we'll all be whining about how bad he is and how crazy Fisher is for playing him.

We need an upgrade (a big one) over both of them.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Think about this from where Nicks sitting. Titans call his people and that keeps Nick positive. We as a team gain absolutely nothing by forgetting about him. He is a part of this team, and until 2010 kicks off or he's picked up somewhere else he's our best bet at the 2nd CB position. I liked Hood in certain games, but he was never the long term answer. By keeping in touch with Harper, we're setting him up to continue working out in the event we need him for some reason. By saying F you to him, he may say screw you too, and fall off even more.

Until they ink up another contract stating he's back, I can't hit the ceiling saying WTF.

We'll keep shopping, and if nothings there we can always go to plan-Z.

Also realize the rest of the league in need of corners are all watching one another. By the FO putting this out there, it could delay Cleveland or Detroit from contacting a CB we are interested in, giving us just the time we need to make an offer.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I hope this is what the FO is doing JC, shopping around. And Nick Harper should be plan-Z at best and plan-B at the ultimate worst.

I can understand that we don't wanna rub him the wrong way in the case that we do need him back. But to think that we need Nick Harper scares the sh.. out of me.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'd much rather take the risk of playing the 2 second-year guys over the risk of playing Nick F***in' Harper. He's as useless as +!+s on a boar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar