Titans receive 4 compensatory picks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RavensShallBurn, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Receive Four Compendatory Draft Picks

SUMMARY: The Tennessee Titans have received four compensatory draft picks according to NFL.com which is the most the league can award. Under terms of the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement, a team losing more or better compensatory free agents than it acquires in the previous year is eligible to receive compensatory draft picks. The Titans will receive two fourth, one fifth and one sixth-round picks. Last season, the Titans lost Jacob Bell, Antwan Odom, Chris Brown, Ben Hartsock, Travis LaBoy and Randy Starks to free agency.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wish one was a three but I think this is fair.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How is 134 and 135 in the 4th round? How many 3rd round compensatory picks did they give?

I don't see any really good ways to trade our reg picks to move up significantly. don't want to trade 90th?

Can somebody figure out our entire draft pick order now?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think NFL.com will update their picks soon with the compensatory picks included.

5. Gene the PIG

Gene the PIG I'm Winning The Future

I don't know the rules on compensatory picks, so does anyone know what we'll receive NEXT year for losing Big Al?

What's the highest round pick one can receive?

Thanks in advance.

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

How do the Titans AND Colts both have pick 136 in the 4th rnd??? Can you say oops?!?!?!?

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Anyone,
    This thread made me think of the presumed issue with Washington tampering with Al. Has anyone heard anything more about whether or not the FO is going to try to pursue this? Just curious if that were proven, if we would possibly get another draft pick out of it.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

actually im quite interested in this too....does it depend on his play? can u be givn 1st round compensation...?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

6 picks in the first 4 rounds and 2 5th rounders. A great opportunity to get some good players.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

All compensation picks come at the end of the round. There are no 1st round compensation picks.

If Ah was a rfa we would get the redskins first rd pick but it doesn't work that way for ufa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar