Titans Release 20, Two More To Come Later

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yes. he did more in four preseason games than fleming did all last year. and it's pretty hard to keep the fullback thats been hurt on and off for the past two years over the one who was on the field producing.

2. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Ahmard Hall is our FB.

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

Hall and Flemming were on just about the same level, maybe we just kept Hall because of salary reasons?

4. i think hall is a lot stronger and can bulldoze and create a better path for the rb to run thru than troy flemming

5. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I hate this time of year. Cuts are so terrible.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

yeah agreed, i mean i dont mind having Hall as our fullback, its more that i didnt quite understand WHY we let Fleming go, but thats fine... and yes this time of year is horrible because some young men's dreams are destroyed....

7. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Hall is a better leadblocker, Fleming is a better receiver out of the backfield, so it really boils down to the philosophy of the offence. I've also noticed Scaife getting action at FB and he's probably even better as receiver. Still I liked Fleming, but there just wasn't a need for him.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

Fleming still had problems on blocking assignments, and rarely blew anybody up. He never liked the FB role in the first place. Hall has blown some guys up, and loves his role as FB.

Too bad for Calico, but it was his fault. Cutting a high pick always hurts, but if the Lions can cut Charles Rogers, we shouldn't feel too bad.

With Nande, so much for the "not cutting draft picks" rule.

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Calico. what can I say. He's been draggin his feet for 3 years now, he could have at least drug his feet in the endzone. He might still be on the team. I will miss Flemming and Payton though. Good kids. They'll find a spot somewhere. We'll see them again.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Yeah, and I was surprised that both Ganther and Fleming were cut. Do they wanna make Henry a FB?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar