Titans reluctant to put firepower with Vince

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

Does anyone feel as some do that even with money to spend and granted lets see what comes from the draft but does anyone feel that the titans are just refusing to keep or put firepower around Vince Young. No Running back or WR on the roster?? Jeff Fisher says they have a plan what do you think that plan is just build from the draft and hope for the best??

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Cant we discuss this after the draft so we know who were going into the season with

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why would they NOT want to put weapons at his disposal ?

what , you think just because we have the 32nd ranked D that the FO wants to slip to the 32nd Offense too ?

mark my words, we are bound to aquire at least 3 more FA's after June 1st cuts

5. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

I FORGOT ABOUT JUNE 1st CUTS!

YESSS

THOMPSON IS GONEEE

6. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Everyone keeps saying stuff like this, but what free agents would you have wanted at the price they were paid? IMO, the only mistake we've made this offseason was cutting Travis Henry, but his production may have had as much to do with the new oline as anything else.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

TitansCountry never gives up the magical method of getting all star players that he so desires.

I think he just likes to moan.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I think we need to build our Defense through the Draft fill the needs of DE, CB, DT, overall depth on Defense early. Then look at some guys for the offense later.

We need to sign a productive back via trade or FA like Dillon or Turner. Then cut Lamont and some other scrubs (woolfolk). Then look to see if any WR's are worth pickup and sign one.

My dream draft while still being real about would look like this:

1. Justin Harrell DT Tenn. top 10 pick with his injury.
    2. Eric Wright CB UNLV deion raved about him, that high praise.
    3. Aundrea Allison WR East. Car. great speed, good size andhe loves to play.
    4. Ikaika Alama-Francis DE Hawaii is dropping after just decent workouts plus injury but whose complaing.
    4. Ken Darby RB Alabama good change of pace and 3rd down back with starters talent
    5. Jacoby Jones WR Lane great speed, size potential, and hands, needs polishing though and catching up to this level of play.
    6. Jared Zabransky QB Boise St. Back-up with potential and mobilty plaus big-game exp.
    6. Marvin White S TCU decent size with good speed and can lay the wood and makes plays.
    6. Mansfield Wrotto G Georgia Tech good feet and size but needs to get stronger and work on his angles.
    7. Micheal Allen TE Whitworth project but has the size, speed, and hands to be gem.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Cutting Travis may have been one of the better moves we made
    his number for the season and what it would have cost to sign him long term would have been defeatus

I believe that Chris / LenDale could have achieved similar results behind that line .... they worked well together ... if Mike was a smart man, he'd use a good portion of our cap after the draft and early June to lock up our O-Line for awhile

and , in a way, I'm pretty content with our inactivity this offseason
    I could have stood to see Stallworth with that prove it deal, or Clements at his tru figure of 7years/63m (backloaded and tradeable)

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

speaking of WR, Johnnie Lee Higgins may be serviceable in later rounds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar