Titans RFAs and Compensation We're looking at

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

Dave Ball- I'd say 6th or 7th Round if lucky

Tony Brown- he may be overrated but he did tie Jacob Ford for the lead in sacks this year with 5 I say we tender him for a 3rd or 4th Round pick

Bo Scaife- definitely 1st Round and if you think I'm crazy there will be teams that will bite at this offer

Stephen Tulloch- he'll be back and to make sure I see him being tendered for a 2nd Rounder just to scare other teams off and if given an offer depending on which team we'll match

Kevin Vickerson- he too will be back and I say late round

Lendale White- guaranteed 2nd Round, he's made it clear he wants more playing time or he's packing his bags I could see Schwartz in Detroit jump on him and it would be more like a late 1st Round pick but I can also see Fisher being a :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: and match any offer come Lendale's way

2. SARGO127

SARGO127 Starter

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1st for scaife?

lendale was in the pro bowl?

3. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I got bad info on Lendale being in the pro bowl I thought he got added last year as a replacement he did accomplish something that would guarantee a high bounty on him as for Scaife he's been franchised so that means a high tender and Arizona needs a TE they could step up.

Either way most of these RFAs we want to keep around so they will be tendered high that way other teams will be hesitant to sign them to an offer sheet.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

WOW yeah good u fixed the probowl thing

but here is how i see it...very different from you really

TONY BROWN - this guy had a stellar season guys. si's peter king ranked him all pro - "DT Tony Brown, Tennessee.
    It takes a lot to not put Kevin Williams here, but how many defensive tackles get 24 quarterback pressures?" - so yeah anyone ranked by agenecy's AS ALL PRO (not even pro-bowl) and add in the fact that he did an excellent job covering for a 100M$ linemen....yeah you tender that with a 1st or 2nd minimum.

BO SCAIFE - we have franchised him, and he's played well for us; his rep is definitely up. rarely will a TE get tendered for a first (we're talking gates/davis/clark skill level when you tender a TE with a first...and lets face it Bo is hardly that) - and 2nd is even a stretch - most prob a 3rd.

TULLY - he will be resigned so it doesnt matter. i'd agree with you probably a 2nd

VICKERSON - i also think he will be resinged and he shoulnt cost too much. i have a feeling he'l want to stay here too

LENDALE - word is out on him, he wants a more primary role and wont get that here. although i agree since we prob wont re-sign him tender him with a 3rd even 4th to try and salvage a pick. with a draft SO deep, i dont see teams giving away picks easly. so a 3rd might even be considered a stretch for a player of White's caliber eager to test FA waters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar