Titans, right tackle Stewart agree to six-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShamH85, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

:woot:

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good news. Now onto Haynesworth.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if albert was smart he wouldn't agree to a long-term deal right now. get the divorce settled then get all the money

:)

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Almost exactly as i predicted. I predicted a million a year less than roos. Roos' contract $7.15M a year stewart $6.33M a year. $10M in guarantees makes it a reasonable deal for us and a great deal for stewart.

Congrats to david
    and a super career in nashville!

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That takes care of the o-line. Roos with a 6 year extension is signed through 2014, stewart through 2013, jake scott through 2011, harris through 2011 and amano through 2009. That means no contract issues at all for the next 2 seasons and that is only amano and no other issues for 2 years after that so we can concentrate our draft picks and free agent picks in other areas.

The management has been criticised a lot the last year and a half and i know i bashed the johnson pick but these signings have been the absolute right thing to do. If we can sign haynesworth that will take care most of our defense for the next 2 years. KVB and bulluck signed through 09, thornton 2010, hope 2011, griffin and finnegan on their rookie deals and tony brown with a new 3 year deal. Kearse and crumpler have 3 year deals.

Sign albert and the future is ours..

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's the exciting (as far as things can get for O-Line) is we have proven players signed and a good O-Line that will be together for many years.

The only question mark being the new Guard.

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Mawae could be. But, if we had to, we could move Mano Amano into the center spot and put Harris or Loper at G. We should be set for a long time. We are building a team the right way. Big time DL (as soon as we get Haynesworth locked up), the OTs, the QB and the DBs.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I like this move. Lock up our good young players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar