Titans, right tackle Stewart agree to six-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShamH85, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Oh yeah sign loper.

He will be a free agent. He is a solid backup to roos and stewart and capable of starting inside.

I would have no problem with us drafting a stud guard or center early in next years draft to really complete the process but amano has proven he can hold his own at center or guard and loper played well at guard last year. We drafted 2 defensive linemen this year so there really is a committment to the most important positions on the field.

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

With our success drafting O linemen, I'd be OK if we could not get Loper resigned.

I'm not sure about that. I'd rather see use those picks on a corner or a WR (or a DE if things really fall apart there) or a DT if we don't get Fat Albert locked up.

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Stewart Agrees to Six-Year Deal

SUMMARY: David Stewart has agreed to a six-year contract valued at $38.9 million. It averages just more than $6 million per season. It has $10 million guaranteed, including a $6 million signing bonus. The deal includes a roster bonus of $2 million this year along with a base salary of roughly $1 million. "David wanted to stay right where he is, and he's happy with it," agent Bus Cook said. "I think it's a great deal for him, and it's great for the Titans. It's a perfect place for him, a good fit." In April, the Titans signed Michael Roos to a six-year, $43 million extension.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Great one to go!

Well 2 if you count Rob

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Oh hell yeah!

Now we just need to get a deal done with Al...

6. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Kearse's deal is only for 2 years. I thought Crumps' was as well.

7. vslyke

We need Bironas just as bad as we need Fat Albert. Hopefully, we'll get them both signed in the next couple weeks.

8. Blue 42

Blue 42 Guest

Solidifying the o-line is fantanstic, this will protect Young and allow the coaches to focus on developing the entire offense. Next they need to establish a significant running game if VY is going have any success

9. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

That's some really good news.

10. vslyke

LenWhale's 1100 yards rushing aren't consistent? Sure, his YPC was low, but his knee was torn up. In addition, Chris Henry should actually do something this year, and CJ will add a big play threat. In addition, we have Hall, who is a good FB, and VY, who will run more since his leg is 100%. We just need a passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar