Titans, right tackle Stewart agree to six-year deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ShamH85, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Report: Titans extend T Stewart for 6 years, $39M

Right tackle David Stewart has agreed to a six-year contract extension with the Tennessee Titans, two months after left tackle Michael Roos was shored up with a long-term deal, The Tennessean has reported. More...

2. ShamH85

ShamH85 Practice Squad

Resign Finnegan!

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This might be the worst statement I've heard in a long time... Our kicker is as important as a game-changing DT? Kickers, for the most part, are replaceable. Yes, it's nice to have a good kicker, but you still aren't going to spend even 2 million per year on one. We're talking about locking up Albert for $40 million. It's not even the same scale. Heck, if we could get albert signed for a good deal, I'd happily accept going into this season with Ingle Martin as our starting kicker...

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

That was a bit of hyperbole. But, considering Haynesworth is one incident away from being gone for a year, has injury problems, and is a little bit inconsistent, it isn't that far off. Plus, locking up Bironas is going to be easier, and much less costly. Haynesworth wants, and is going to get, upwards of 60 mil. The only question is who he gets it from.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think we seen our Defence last season when Albert missed those few games. It was hard to watch as teams whooped all over us. We need Albert, the other guys do better when playing with Albert.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

60 million? I'm hoping that you hit the wrong button.

Bironas will be easier to get signed because he's less important, and worth less money, and easier to satisfy. If you think that he and Haynesworth are anywhere nearly equally important, feel free to make a poll to see if anyone else here would agree with you.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I can't see the Titans paying Albert more than what they paid Roos unless they tied it directly to a number of incentives.

8. vslyke

I meant 55 mil over 6 years. Close enough.

:moon2: Well, because he is a kicker. As far as the cost and the importance, yes. The risk and the reward are comparable between the 2 when you average the 2 together. Sorry that is not clear. My point is that the risk and the reward are lower with Bironas as is the cost. So, in the end, I consider it as important.

9. vslyke

They'll have to. But, I expect it to be in large part based on incentives.

10. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

You know... Ingle Martin was a really good kicker at MBA.. He was QB and Kicker + punter. I remember he did a kickoff after he threw a TD, and it went deep through the uprights. Think it was against McCallie or Trinity. Also think his long was 52 or something like that.

So if it was Haynesworth or Bironas, I'd go with Haynesworth :hmm: even though Bironas is the man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar