1. Week 12 Pick'em Winners: TitanT won spread hitting 13 of 16. Rebel Titan won normal with 15 of 16. Week 13 Pick'em will be up by Wednesday evening.

Titans Ring of Honor No Charlie Hennigan?

Discussion in 'Newbie Central' started by SteveHHMD, Oct 10, 2013.

1. SteveHHMD

SteveHHMD Special Teams Standout

Just wondering about why Charlie Hennigan isn't in the Titans Ring of Honor. He scored the Titan's first Touchdown, still hold many of the Team's receiving records (as well has a few NFL records). I'm not biased here, really, even though he is my dad. He'll be turning 80 soon. I would love to see this happen before he passes.

Regards,
    Steve Hennigan, MD
    Fayetteville, AR
    • High Five High Five x 7
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

lol
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I don't know what it takes to get someone in the ring of honor, but maybe letters/emails to Titans PR would help.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Wake up and die right Tip Jar Donor

I just looked up his stats and wow, the guy had nearly 1600-yards in a 14 game season, and he's white!

That alone warrants his name to be up there with other greats.

Charlie Hennigan might not be up there because of his career being only 7 years long, most the guys in the ring of honor put together at least 9 years in the league.
    • High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I am all for it. That would be a good story.
  7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

That's awesome Steve. Welcome to the site. I have much respect and admiration for your dad. He's a huge part of the rich tradition of this franchise. I hope he's doing well. I think initially fans in Nashville were more interested in establish their own identity as a team. Many even seemed irked by any association to the Oilers, but as time passes I sense a growing openness to exploring and embracing the club's history. If someone starts some sort of e-petition to get old #87 in the ring of honor I'd be totally down.
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I sent Steve some contact info for someone over at the Titans who might be able to help.
  9. Dman

Dman Starter

Would love to see the Titans make a good response here and put him in the ROH. Great story!
  10. SteveHHMD

SteveHHMD Special Teams Standout

Thanks so much