Titans Ring of Honor

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Sep 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What, no DeRon Jenkins?

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yes, I would completely ignore anyone who didn't wear a Titans uniform.

Technically, they belong to a franchise. In reality, they belong to the city of fans who supported them.

We are diehards in this forum and I bet there are maybe five in here who know who Ken Houston or Jim Norton actually are with going to Google.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So you'd leave former superstars floating about with no team?

4. TitanJeff

Yup. They have Hall of Fame and the admiration of many in Houston who went to see them.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't think it is any different than asking a 20 year old 49er fan who Y.A Tittle was.

6. TitanJeff

Same team. Same city.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They'd know just as much as a Titan fan knows about Elvin Bethea.
    I was an Oiler fan and I had no idea who he was until he was put in the Hall.

8. TitanJeff

For the vast majority of fans who will be at LP Field on Sunday, they don't give a rat's azz about anything that happened before the team moved to Nashville.

I would much rather see them put up Bruce, Wycheck, Bishop, Hopkins, Eddie and McNair in a "Ring of Flame" as part of the 10th season.

9. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I agree with Gunny on this one. Yes, I'm an old Oilers fan, but beyond that, I never saw Jim Norton play, but I knew he was a franchise great and part of it's history. Now when kids come to a game, they'll point up to the names and ask their mom or dads "who's that?"... and if mom or dad doesn't know perhaps the child wil look the names up on their own... maybe giving some of these very deserving guys a few new fans.

Regardless, knowing a franchise's history adds context and texture to it's present.

10. TitanJeff

Then why celebrate a 10th Anniversary instead of the 48th? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar