Rumor Titans rumors re: Munchak, CJ, Cutler

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

That's a good point. Just don't know if I'm ok paying crybaby Cutler that kind of change.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

When has Cutler even come close to a 4-12 record?

We have nothing to lose at this point. You have to take risks in this league, and Cutler would be the best QB we'd have had since 2003. Some of you guys are crazy with the Cutler hate. Elite QBs don't grow on trees. The dude will be the best available in the offseason. Period.

Is he an elite QB? No. Is he a good QB? Yes. When was the last time we could honestly say we had a good QB? I'm sorry, but 2003 is the last time we could say that. McNair wasn't the same after 2003, and we obviously haven't had anyone special since then. Hasselbeck was solid, but waaaaaay past his prime.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Again, I dont like him at all, but he would be a big upgrade to Locker and Fitz.

I used to consider Jake a Jay Cutler type in the making, a good but not great QB. Jake cant even play a full season because of injuries tho. So who knows if that could ever even happen.

Jay Cutler has shown he can last the length of a football season.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Why is it so fun to break these bulbs?

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I was just thinking the same thing. It's the best thing about the board. lol

6. Stifflers Mom

Stifflers Mom Camp Fodder

Does anyone think keeping Gregg Williams is a possibility with the new staff??

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

If the article is true and Ruston wants a run first power offense, I would think there is a good chance the Titans go after Greg Roman. He runs the premier run first offense in the NFL.

8. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

First off, if anyone doesn't want a Lovie Smith /Cutler reunion in Nashville doesn't want the titans to win. Them with this team will win games. Cutler has been held down by his oline, difficult playing conditions in Chicago and having to play NFC teams every week.

Also, really don't understand all this CJ hate. 1. He wont get traded, stop it. 2. He salary goes down these last 3 years, its not a back loaded contract.
    I get he has not lived up to what he is getting paid and what we want. But realistically, how RB are doing what we want CJ to do? Around 5-7? Not many even have to ability to do what he can do. He is only getting paid 8 a year and many other reason he will be better next year.

1. Better and more experienced Offensive line- I beg to cut Stewart and sign Oher.
    2. New O coordinator who will know how to use him, hopefully.
    3. A better QB will take the extra safety or Dime back out of the box to give him more room. What defense is afraid of Locker and Fitz throwing the ball?

Yes, a lot of running backs can do what CJ is doing right now. But realize that this is CJ floor and most running backs ceiling. We have seen CJ ceiling and only 1-2 other RB have it. Cannot cut it away.

9. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

You stupid.

10. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

I am a Vandy fan so naturally, I'm a Cutler fan(if I wasn't a VU fan I'd hate him too).

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Depends on the type of deal I guess. He's had two bad injuries and the guy ayes behind a terrible OL in college so those that say he's injury prone or isn't tough is just wrong. I'd like to see some of you play threw torn ligaments in your knee or a torn groin.

This offense has talent. We are a QB, a RT, as a competent OC away from having a very good offense. Cutler could do some damage if he were here. But I don't think we should break the bank or anything. Definitely not this $20mm per year crap that Flacco got.

I also don't see why some get so worked up. This is all just a rumor as of now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar