Titans Run Game Sputtering

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Help someone Help we suck again!!:yes:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all let me preface my comments by saying I'm starting to think out coaching staff sucks and our scouting department sucks.

With that said look around the league and you will see how senseless it is for a team to have the problems running the ball the Titans are having. Greenbay was having a rough time but managed to find a guy off the scrap heap, Ryan Grant who didn't even get into an NFL game his rookie season with the Giants and all he has done is almsot 500 yards in only 4 starts with a 4.6 YPC average. How about the Broncos? T. Henry has been hurt so they bring in an UDFA Selvin Young and he has almost 400 yards, a 5.1 YPC average and add to that he has 23 catches for almost 200 yards. Last year it was Mike Bell, an UDFA who played well for them at RB. How about the Chiefs? Larry Johnson gets hurt, Priest Holmes retires and my gosh Kolby Smith (a 5th round pick!) with only 2 carries on the whole season comes in and runs the ball 31 times for 150 yards, a 4.8 YPC. How about the Giants? One of the better backs in the league, Tiki Barber retires so the Giants hand the ball to Brandon Jacobs, a 4th round pick by the Giants in 2005 and the guy looks like Eddie George but better. In only 7 games this year Jacobs has 600 yards and a 5.2 YPC.

In short there is no way we couldn't find a RB who can out play LW AND Chris Henry IF our scouting department would get off thier butts and help us draft well AND our coaching staff would have a clue on how to script better running plays. Finding a guy to carry the rock for 4.0 YPC is not hard unless you are the a member of the Titians organization.

If we spend money on a FA on the offense it needs to be a WR.

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

What bothers me the most is that we could have went for it on 4th and 1 in the first quarter we could have scored!!! But i guess or freaking coaching staff is to conservative and stupid to play that way. Look at jacksonville 4th and 1 or hell even 4th and 2 they are going for it!! we suck, we suck, we suck... our coaching staff is to scared to playt hard nose football right fisch!!!! :scared:

4. deeluxx3

deeluxx3 Camp Fodder

wow...22 posts and nobody mentions the fact that Hall has been out, and is one of the main reasons our run game is sucking. When you are missing one of the best FBs in the league (and Eugene Amano is starting) you arent gonna get a lot of yards on the ground

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Hall is missed, but I don't believe Amano has been a big part of the problem. I've watched and rewatched the last two games....and I think he's been as solid as Olsen lately, which is about average overall.

6. smili

smili Starter

I like the comments regarding backup running backs doing well on other teams. the common theme on most of these teams is theres a passing game to compliment.

Minnesota's one of the few teams I can think of that run very well and don't have much of a receiving threat.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The main issue running the ball of late is our defense can't get off the field, we are falling behind early and when you only get about 15 carries in a game the overall numbers are going to be terrible. That si the overall issue right now.

The other issue however is we should be able to pick up a guy off the street who can average 3-4 yards per carry and based on my examples do much better than that. There is really no reason for us being so terrible in YPC even with a less than spectacular passing game. Either the play calling is flawed, the guys up front aren't doing their job or the RBs (White in particular) aren't hitting the wholes and breaking tackles. IMO it is a good dose of all of the above.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Sounds like us we don't have a running game or any wide receivers!!! :moon2:

9. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

we don't "Lenwhale" is garbage. he is about as exciting as a visit to the dentist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar