Titans Running Back Battle Continues

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: As the battle rages on to see who emerges as the Titans #1 RB, Coach Jeff Fisher has indicated his team is in a good situation regardless of the outcome. "We have a good problem either way we decide," Fisher said Saturday. "We're going to be good." On Friday, Lendale White ran 11 times for 51 yards - an average of 4.6 yards per carry. He also caught three passes for 23 yards. Chris Brown carried the ball six times for 42 yards with a long of 19 with a couple catches for 25 yards. "When we want to keep our running backs fresh in the game early in the season when you're dealing with some heat issues and things, both of them have shown they can make the plays, which is good. We'll be in a good situation," Fisher said.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

Chris Brown is going to be the starter, but LenDale will get just as many carries...

3. Well, no mention of Chris Henry. I guess hes not even in the running anymore.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

it sux because we wasted a 2nd round pick on him...

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Chris Henry still has plenty of time. Not a wasted pick yet. When Chris Brown retires Chris Henry can step in.

6. You mean when he gets hurt bad enough? Because he is still a pretty young guy.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea but you dont use a 2nd round pick for a guy who is gonna play special teams or practice squad....

we could of gotten Darius Walker after the draft if we needed a runningback who was gonna wait a couple of years.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dc...

I wouldn't say we wasted a 2nd rd pick yet. Brown is signed for just one year and lendale and brown both have their share of injuries. Henry will play and have the chance to show what is can do.

What if henry only has 250 yards rushing but is in the top 5 kick returners? Still a wasted pick? I'll wait 2 years to come to that conclusion..

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I agree....not very often do you see a second round RB starting right away. next few years will tell the tale.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

good lord, how many times are you going to say we wasted a pick on a player today? that's got to be the fifth time i've read that from you since i got home from work(5 minutes), and i think three of those times have been on ROOKIES.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar