Titans Safeties

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

I agree that Stafford should get more playing time. I also see a great pick in Landon Collins out of Alabama. Many are saying he is better than HA HA and Mark Barron. He could be a difference maker in the 2ndary. He will go in the 1st round though. Depending on when we pick it may be too high to take him. I would love to see him or any real playmaker in our 2ndary though.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

The real bad thing is that we are even thinking about stuff like this as early as it is in the season. Just highlights how bad our defense (Secondary especially) has been.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. kenny

kenny Starter

Is there a top 20 OLB coming out this year??? If so a pass rusher should be on the top of our list. A decent pass rush will help the DBs dramatically.

4. xhrr

xhrr Starter

If we take a S with our first round pick I'm a full-time Steelers fan. Don't care what I get called for that. Collins is good but we need a front 7 before we address our secondary not too mention QB is at the top of the list.

Gregory and Beasley are probably the 1-2 3/4 OLB. I like both with Gregory getting the edge he reminds me of Von Miller. Buuuuuut we need a QB.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Being better than Mark Barron has been in the NFL is not, uh, difficult. Unless you're Michael Griffin or Bernard Pollard :shakehead:

6. kenny

kenny Starter

I did see some highlights of Gregory and he looks the part. He could be the type of player we need to make a big turn on defense. Even if none of our QBs pan out, I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the first round and traded back into the 1st for a Qb or took a 2nd round QB. Andy Dalton has worked out well for the Bengals. Kap worked out well for the 9ers. Our history of picking QBs sucks, maybe if we don't waste a 1st on one they may work out??? I know QB should be the highest priority, but man our track record picking them stinks.

New scouts & GM should be the highest priority before the draft or FA even takes place! Then maybe we have a shot at building a solid roster. I have no faith in the current GM or scouts. Way too many mentally weak players on our roster.

7. kenny

kenny Starter

I know there are higher priorities than Safety, but I am sick of seeing Griff out there walking around with his hands on his hips watching plays happen. Hell he isn't even a sure tackler. He misses too many easy tackles, gets ran over by RB (Never forget MJD bulldozing him for a TD), and is never near the ball. Maybe I am just too jaded. Maybe he is better than I think. I hope so. If not there are way too many holes to fill on this roster than we can address in one offseason.

8. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

My main problem with Griff is it seems like he gets suckered out of position way too much.

9. kenny

kenny Starter

Yes, and he tries to launch at every tackle. He rarely wraps up the ball carrier and results in too many missed tackles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar