Titans Secondary Promising Entering '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: In '05, the Titans secondary was raw with two rookie corners starting and a safety returning from an ACL injury. As a unit, the inexperience showed as the raw talent were vulnerable targets most of the season. With a year under their belts and the addition of free agent S Chris Hope, the unit appears to be ready for a breakout season. Head Coach Jeff Fisher has already praise Pacman Jones for his play in mini-camp. "He [Jones] is all about football," Fisher said. "He has taken a professional approach to what he’s doing. He’s clearly a much better corner right now than he was at the end of the season last year." CB Reynaldo Hill will look to continue demonstrating his playmaking abilities which earned him three interceptions last season. S Lamont Thompson should take a step up with more experience around him as he enters his fifth season.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. H Man

H Man Guest

I read this article earlier this morning. I suppose the operative word here is "poised".

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yup. This is the slow news time and we'll get a series of articles like this which are EXTREMELY optimistic.

4. H Man

H Man Guest

No doubt. I got to admit, it works a little. I get to thinking...maybe, just maybe...

It is the optomistic time of year. We're all 0-0, right?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I wonder where this is heading...

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

This is heading to where we all beef up our predictions a little bit, and then a couple of posters start "guaranteeing" that we'll make the playoffs, and then the general perspective starts to get skewed because some of the newer posters who don't know who to listen to start to listen to that stuff, and then we're an overly optimistic forum for about a month and a half. I'd love to see us surprise some people this year, but we don't have reason to be optimistic until it's week three and we've somehow managed to win 2 of our first three games.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We should be optimistic. We started two rookie CBs last year and now they will be 2nd year guys and improved. That alone will make us better.
    Hope has to be an upgrade over Tank considering Tank's injury. Are they going to be good enough? I think so. What I'm more worried about is depth if we have an injury at CB.

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

I agree with Soxcat. The Titans led the league in TD passes allowed last year. The secondary can't get any worse, there's only one way to go.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Though I think there will be significant improvement, it'll take a lot just for the Titans to be considered an above average defense. But you never know.

Logic tells me that we should see gains this season but that the D could be considered among the league's best in '07 if we see the strides we need to see in '07.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I meant the thread...Cornerback threads always lead to some wars.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar