Titans Secondary Promising Entering '06

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

EXCELLENT

2. i agree, i think that we can be a good team, probally not playoff yet but we have the potential, one thing that i would like to point out is that last year the colts were the second youngest team in the league but they still had the best regular season record, but the reason that thtye did so good was because they had experience at the positions that mattered the most

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

One thing that will help our defense at least in our division is...

Colts don't have Edge
    Jags don't have Smith
    Texans have the same OLINE and a rookie coach/ new system

The Jags are really lacking in terms of a WR that has proven anything in a big game situation. The idea that either Jones or Williams will be as productive as Smith this yr is ludicrous.

The idea that Addai is going to fill Edge's shoes is crazy.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I totally agree. What's the point of being a sports fan if you're gonna cr@p on the season before it even starts. I am optimistic every year. I think we can win our division this year. Look at the facts, if you want to call them facts.

Jags are good, but will never be great. We can definately beat them.

Texans, well what can I say. Maybe next century.

Colts, after Peytons "protection problems" comments after his loss in the playoffs, do you think his line is gonna really watch his back this season? Then there's Peyton telling Dungy, "Naw, we're doin it MY WAY!". There are problems up there and I don't think the colts will ever be better than they were last year. Not to mention Edgerin James, he is one of those guys that's damn near impossible to replace. Then Thornton, definately a hit to their defense.

Add all that up, We have a shot!

Go Team.:coltssuk:

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

421 points allowed

the DC needs "tweaked" for starters. Until the D plays with some heart those things are meaningless.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Exactly, PLUS the dolts took it easy on the Titans in the first game. They could have scored 50+ if they had of wanted too.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Very true. The running game (or lack thereof) killed the Titans on the defensive side of the ball.

Obviously, if the Titans were better against the run, the passing ranking could have dropped because teams would have passed more. I also think the run defense stat may have been inflated because teams were just running the football with big leads so often. It's a lot easier to stop the run when you know it's coming.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

thats gotta make you feel sick about the legitamacy of our 3rd down stats, hmm?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

SSSHHHHOOOUUULLLDDD !!!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Yes, Puck, that's what I meant.
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar