Titans seeking evidence on tampering charges

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Let's get that extra 5th round pick so we can fill our WR need. :barf:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

The NFL will just see this as the Titans being angry they lost Hanesworth. nothing will come of it imo.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The thing is the tampering did nothing to change the situation. If it had made a difference, then fine, but it clearly didn't. We were short on money. They were high. Tamper or no tamper he was going to Washington. So I have no reason to pursue it. We didn't get cheated, and that is why the rule is there. What happened was inevtiable. The Titans are becoming crybabies. It's no wonder we can't win a playoff game.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

It's a lot harder to convince AH to sign for X amount of money when Snyder is whispering "$100 million" in his ear. We are supposed to have an opportunity to sign him without an outside market bidding up the price. If the allegations are true, we didn't get that opportunity and that is tampering.

Bump that crybaby stuff you bring up. You are wrong. That's complete bull.

5. jessestylex

I could call someone and say i'll give you 100 million in about 15 seconds.

the Skins could have called him thousands of times within that period, there was no need to call before free agency.

6. wplatham

Then you would have been tampering, and they would've been too. And I have no idea what you mean by "no need."

7. jessestylex

Titans think it's tampering cause Albert agreed to terms so fast. how long would it take you to say OK if your neighbor offered you a job for 100 million?

Albert seen the dollars signs and said OK right away, he did not sit around and discuss it with his family and ponder on it, he didnt even care at that point what other teams were offering. 100 million was all he wanted to hear.

8. wplatham

If I already had a job where I was making 8 million a year, and going to one in a city 8 hours away, and the job came with a great risk of physical harm to me, I think I would read the fine print. Really, Jesse, do you think before you type? You honestly believe AH and his agent just signed the paper because it said $100 million at the bottom? That's just dumb.

9. jessestylex

pretty much they did. how much time went by before he signed? do you have proof this was in the making for some time? i dont think you do.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Organising a 100 million dollar contact isn't a matter of saying 'Here have 100 million, come play for us'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar