Titans select CB _____________ with 2nd round pick!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by J Falk, Mar 5, 2013.

?

Which CB would you take with our 2nd round pick

1. David Amerson

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Jonathan Banks

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Jordan Poyer

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Darius Slay

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. Wouldn't

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. J Falk

J Falk Starter

ughhhh
  2. J Falk

J Falk Starter

That's an idea. I've always like McKelvin(his name's badass). He would be much cheaper than the Sean Smith's and DRC's of the world(an actual possibility for us.)

I still like the 6'1 guy that runs a 4.3 and got 17 interceptions in 2 seasons...o yeah, he can play safety too
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

I wouldn't say he has proven to be a great player. Nothing is set in stone that a good player in college will be good in the NFL. So saying he has proven to be a "great" player is a tad overboard, don't you think?

There is no doubt that he is a good CB, but the chances of him being around when we pick a CB is slim to none.
  4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Id rather us sign Chris Houston to a decent size contract rather then going fishing in the draft. We need to spend the majority of our high picks addressing the front 7 of the defense.
  5. J Falk

J Falk Starter

What I meant by that was that he proved he was a great player in college. I understand that people love to listen to what analysts have to say about things and think their word is God sent, but I like to look at it from my own POV...IMO, numbers don't lie.

So yeah, I understand that he didn't match his production from last season(12 interceptions) and he didn't have many of the eye-cathing plays(pic 6's, sacks, blocked field goal returns for TD's) that these analysts get boners over, but does this mean he should be ranked lower than a guy that(if you look at the numbers) is half the player? I'd be pissed and baffled if I was ranked lower than a guy that had 8 ints and 24 PD's in the last 2 seasons(w a 4.6 40) when I had 17 ints and 33 PD's in that same time period while running a 4.38 and being the same size....

I understand that Banks was ranked as the #2 CB prospect for so long, but just because analysts said he was that good, does that really make him that good? Vice Versa with Amerson. All in all, I want Amerson if he's there in the 2nd...lol

P.S. that wasn't all directed towards you lol...I usually have one of these "don't listen to the analysts" spills near every draft...
  6. steverife

steverife Starter

Every time I watched Amerson last year against NFL level QB/receivers (UT & Clemson) , he got gashed.
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

Leoidis is a bad ass name!
  8. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

He seems like a really cool guy. Few years back he had a bad fumble on a return that cost the Bills the game. He should have taken a knee. Some kids spray pained profanity and a penis on his front lawn:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2009/09/16/front-lawn-of-bills-leodis-mckelvin-vandalized/

Leodis was cool about it. Dropped the charges after the kids were caught:

http://deadspin.com/5361739/leodis-mckelvin-forgives-teens-for-unauthorized-yard-work

I think Leodis would love playing in Nashville. Close to his home town in Georgia and no history of fans drawing a penis on players lawns.