Titans Should Cut Britt - Herm Edwards

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Sorry, but should he regain form (as many receivers finally do 2 years after that type of injury) he's just too talented to cut. He's only under contract for one more season. He will definitely have all the reasons in the world to try to prove he's still a great WR. Cutting him now would be stupid imo.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when has KB been great for more than a game?

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

What? Are you suggesting Britt has only had one good game? lol

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

no Im suggesting he cant string them together for a season or multiple seasons.

Drew Bennett was awsome for about 3 games - Im just sayin'

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Lol Herm, no one actually cares what he thinks any more. He's been riding the "listen to me 'cuz I was an average coach for 2 seasons" train for way too long. He's a good high school motivational speaker, that's it.

It's like when Stephen A. Smith has to kiss Eric Mangini's a** and tell everyone how much of a football messiah he is every time before he makes his point. Skip Bayless is a dick but at least he doesn't suck up. When you go after him, he won't be afraid to go for the low blow:

At Eric Mangini "I wasn't fired twice!"

At Cris Carter "Oh yeah, how many rings do you have?!"

We gain absolutely nothing from cutting Britt right now. He was healthy last year and stayed out of trouble (yeah, he was an idiot for hanging back out with his hood-rat friends, but he wasn't involved in any hood-rat doing's himself). If we don't see him as part of the team's future, it'd only make more sense to let him play out the year at least, see how well he's recovering his second year and hope to trade him after he's able to put up a stellar season.

Do what the Lakers did with Andrew Bynum.

*edit* Like Kae said, since he's in his contract year, that's even more reason not to cut him. We can let him play put his contract year and then part ways or do a SnT if he puts up monster numbers.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Says the unemployed coach lol.......

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Britt used to be a great WR.

then he took an arrow to the knee

I'M BRINGING IT BACK YUP!

8. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I don't cut Britt. He is still very cheap and can help the team. You send him the message by not even talking extension to him. That tells him that if he wants a big new contract from anyone that he has to produce.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Herm needs to stfu.

How exactly is Britt hurting us?? If he's a bust next year he's gone. If he balls out of control our patience pays off.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

That is really the whole point. Britt isn't holding the team back in any way. He is a likable dumb kid who needs to get his head on straight but he isn't doing anything that is hurting anyone but himself. Not like he is a locker room cancer or something.

He is getting paid a minimal amount to light it up in a contract year. Only an idiot would say cut him. At the very least we should squeeze as much prduction out of him as we can before cutting ties.

I'd even go this far. Say Britt has that break out season. Say he starts on fire like he did a few years ago before his injury but continues at that pace all season. Now what do you do? Heck, I'd consider franchising the guy if he is healthy and that productive to keep him another season. It isn't like stud WRs grow on trees. My point being even if we don't pay Britt a massive long term contract he might be worth keeping around another year after this one if he is getting it done. So there is another reason to not cut him.

Now some will think there is some insanity to the whole idea but Britt busting out and Locker having a solid year, assuming we fix some of the other issues we have means this team is actually a potential pay off contender. You just never know because things can change in a hurry in the NFL.

So bottom line there is no way in hades you cut Britt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar