Titans should sell farm to get Suh, Haynesworth

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

With the NFL Draft's opening round a little more than a day away, I believe the Titans should take serious consideration of mortgaging the farm for not only Albert Haynesworth, but also the 4th overall pick if possible.

The Redskins are reportedley looking to move down, if and when Suh falls to 4, I believe the Titans should offer a trade similar to this one:

Titans Get:
    Redskins 2010 1st Round Pick (4th Overall)
    DT Albert Haynesworth

Redskins Get:
    Titans 2010 1st Round Pick (16th Overall)
    Titans 2011 2nd Round Pick
    Titans 2010 3rd Round Pick (77th Overall)
    2010/11 Late round Pick
    DT Tony Brown

The Titans should then use the 4th overall selection on Suh. I realize this is a pretty farfetched scenario, and all the stars would have to align, but I belive if this trade were to go down, the Titans would be the team to beat in the AFC South.

We all know what Haynesworth can do, and I think Suh can wreak havoc for years to come beside him. The Titans would have the most fearsome D-Line in the NFL and that alone would take care of the secondary issues.

Trade up, get Suh, get Haynesworth, contend. That simple.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would love it

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

ha! never would happen, but I LOVE IT!

you know, before Epic Beard Man hit the scene, I had a Suh tag in my signature. I really don't think there is any way our GM Reinfeldt goes in for something like that..

plus... I don't think Snyder is smart enough to make that trade.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

No chance of it happening but damn awesome if it did.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

What Gunny said.

6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

It sounds so amazing that now i will be angry when it doesn't happen.

7. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

What farm? We dont even have a 2nd round pick. and a 2011 2nd round pick doesn't carry as much weight as a 2nd round pick this year, so I dont think it works the way you want

and no way the skins give up their 1st AND albert unless we gave up a whole bunch more than that (brown really doesn't help the cause); you'd probably have to add next year's 1 or next year's 3 and 4

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Sounds great buuuuuuuut.................

You would need more picks thrown in for the 4th overall let alone T. Brown for Haynesworth.

Thrown in a couple more 3rd rd. picks like our compensatory this year and our 2011 then maaaaaybe it would go down.

That would be a sick DT duo. Sounds sweet though.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

someone's been celebrating 420 today!

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. BigD73OT

BigD73OT NFL Free Agent

Can't trade compensatory picks.

I think by the end of the day tomorrow Fat Al will be back in Nashville(knocks on wood). I mean the Redskins just picked up Adam Carriker, who can be solid at Nose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar