Titans should sell farm to get Suh, Haynesworth

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TheSureThing, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

Brown just signed his contract yesterday and he's a pretty good DT. Will do what's asked of him unlike Haynes. I think this trade wouldn't go through because 'Skins definitely need an OL and they should use that 4th pick to draft one. Maybe we could add one of our OL to spice it up(not Roos or Stewart of course). And really...tired of silly speculation here on a messageboard..get real dude, that's what this place is for. Washington signed Haynesworth for $100 million and now thinking of trading him a year later and you think they aren't idiotic to make a trade like this?? C'MON MANE!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

That's why we have to expect they will ask a lot for him. They just paid him $21M on april 1st so now they will trade him for mid rd picks?

Just to move up from 16th to 4th would require our 3rd and 4th rd picks this year and a 2nd next year. Check the draft trade chart. Why would anyone think they would give up a 4th and Haynesworth?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

According to Jeff's draft trade chart to move up from 16th to 4th pick is 800 points which is equal to the TOP pick in rds 2-3-4. We don't even have the draft capital this year to make the trade.

Assuming that next years 2nd rd pick carries equal weight to this years third it would require next years 2nd and this years 3rd, 4th and 5th rd picks to make that deal.

If Tony Brown is a very good player in our system then why trade him?

Basic point is that Suh or Barry are not available to us and we can't get them. I'm tired of people talking about it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rolltide's trade scenario..

We trade:

This years 1st
    2011-1,2,3
    2012-1,2,3
    2013-1,2,3
    1014 1,2,4

trade all titan players with names beginning with B, ball, brown etc.

Get 1st, 2nd, 3rd pick this year.

draft Bradford-Suh-barry the next Joe Montana, Warren, Ronny Lott.

Win the next 10 super bowls.

See it's easy! Now i'm really smart!:hmm:

5. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

Pretty good and VERY good are two different things. To keep Brown when there is someone who is younger and more than likely going to be better is the reason why you move him, coupled with the fact that he'd be a cog to form what could be one of the most dominant defensive fronts since the steel curtain is why you move him. Especially if the 'skins were to require him in a trade if this was to occur. Again, this trade idea is NOT speculation and IT WONT happen, but this is what messageboards are for and if you're tired of people talking about it...there's a simple solution. The talk about Haynesworth being traded is not gonna die until he is traded...

6. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like the way you're thinking but there's no chance Suh even drops to the #4 pick. All signs are that he's picked at #2 by Detroit. He does seem like a Jim Schwartz type of player.

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I think a more logical move would be to grab Haynesworth and draft Dan Williams. He reminds me a lot of Haynesworth (a little less of threat to get sacks) and those 2 together would be insane. Ford and Hayes would be able to run wild on the outsides and good luck running against us.

8. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

This is a better idea.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Don't forget Jason Jones.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

calm down over there...I said a trade scenario LIKE the one I posted. Last season the Jets traded up from 17 for the 5th overall pick with 3 players, a 1st (17th overall) and 2nd.

So lets assume to trade up for the 4th it would take the 16th pick, and a 2011 2nd Rounder (probably would have to add another pick). Add Haynesworth to the deal for a 3rd rounder if we can get him for that, which is all the skins may be able to get for him, and thats how I generated my trade scenario.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar