Titans should Trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by petergriffin16, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

I agree in principal.

Last year CJ wasn't looking for the hole, he was looking for the homerun. Which led to a 2 yard gain every play, then one 60 yard run somewhere.

I don't think you can make a case that CJ won us a game last year based on his play. Blah blah it's a team sport. He wants to be a top payed playmaker in the league. Top playmakers can single handedly win games ala what Peyton did all last year.

It's pretty clear that he cares more about his stats than the final score. I saw that last year, and I saw that in 09 too. Stats are good, obviously, but if you don't care about who wins as much as you do your stats, it shows.

Now then, back to my first sentence. The only way I would want CJ is if it were for the right price Meaning someone throwing something out there that makes Al Davis look cheap. I feel like Ringer has starter talent. Which looking at his 2010 stats, and his preformance whenever he has had the oppertunity, it is obvious. However every poster beside maybe half a dozen are riding CJ so hard that they can't see that. Lol, so hard they see the backup as a threat and keep this postulate floating around that he is garbage.

Now then, I understand not wanting to trade CJ, obviously, he's our best player. But seeing posts like "OMG OMG OMG NOOOOOOOOO! CAN'T EVEN FATHOM THIS...THREAAAAAAAAAAD"

What are you so scared of? Like I said, I didn't see CJ take the game into his hands last year. In his defense, he's a running back, and most running backs can't do that. Which is why they don't holdout for Peyton money. :kiss:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Losing CJ would certainly not be the end of the world. I mean, the dude is probably going to hit the decline in 3 years or so anyways, roughly the same time that Locker is going to be stepping up into his role as the starting QB. So... CJ is going to get a lot of money to... make us look somewhat better... in the... rebuilding phase.

But, maybe with a competent QB who actually acts like a leader (Hasselbeck) things will go better for CJ and Titans fans will be surprised at some point in the next three years. I do not rule out the possibility.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Time for my two (or more) cents.

1. He's not worth sarting quarterback money. No matter what he thinks.

2. You've just drafted a QB in the first round (who looked quite good in the first pre-season game). Yes, it was just one game.

3. You're a rebuilding team.

4. Do you really think CJ wants to be a part of a rebuild knowing how short a runningback's lifespan is in the NFL?

5. If you move him, while this season would be difficult, just how much quicker do you think that rebuild would be given the return in any trade the Titans made involving CJ?

4. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

Did I say anything about QB money. Nope You just posted a bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with the post. K. Op wants us to trade him. I say sign him but didn't say any amount. Look in the CJ topic and I just don't believe in holdouts or these huge contracts to run around with an inflated piece of rubber. I love the Titans and football but they are all acting like little kids.

5. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

WHAT?????????????? Eddie George?????? Earl Campbell?????????

6. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I completely agree with him. CJ is the best RB we've ever had. Yes, he's better than Eddie and Earl. Sorry.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Pay him and keep him, but use him as PART of the team, not AS the team. That's been our problem the past few years, and and that's why we haven't won more than 8 games since he's been here.

8. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

You are completely below the knowledge of football, and you sir, need to go cheer for another team for disrespecting 2 of the GREATS, you don't see them crying how they want a contract, they, if I recall, NEVER held out of practice to get 14 trillion bucks. You know what they did????????? THEY PLAYED FOOTBALL SO THE NEXT TIME YOU DISRESPECT 2 "ELITE" RB check yo self at the door before you wreck yourself I'M OUT

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I would argue that Jeff Fisher, Chuck Cecil, and Kerry Collins were clearly at fault for us not winning more over the last 2 seasons. I am in favor of giving other RB's carries this season though.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

It is no way shape or form disrespectful to say that a RB is not as good as Chris Johnson. I have been a Oilers/Titans fan since 1985. I was as big of an Eddie George fan as you would find, and respect him and Earl more than you'll ever know. I still think CJ is even better than they were. As far as your rant about money, it is completely irrelevant to who is the best RB. You fail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar