Titans shouldn't change a thing after dropping 2 in a row

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 14, 2013.

?
  1. Yes

55.6%
  2. No

41.7%
  3. I really have no F-king clue

2.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewker

Ewker Starter

well what do you know...JC actually posted a really good thread :yes2:
    high five to you :toast:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm assuming that, once training camp/preseason ends, the focus shifts to game plan, studying the opponent, knowing assignments, etc. instead of technique development. Since Schwenke was out a lot of camp, he didn't get as much work on technique and fell too far behind to make a push for the starter job. I wonder how much he's able to get now during the season or if the bulk of coaching is given to the #1s? I'd like someone to interview Bruce and ask about the amount of effort given to the development of OL depth.

If chemistry is important for an OL, putting in Schwenke takes them back to ground zero. Maybe Levitre can make the OL calls and help there but you still have two rookies side-by-side which is a scary thought.

If Turner and Schwenke are deemed close in performance, I hope they roll the dice over the bye week and make the move in the hope Schwenke had upside he can show sooner rather than later. They could always go back to Turner.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I see a lot of good in these loses, so as long as I see some fight in this team, Im okay.

3-3 is about where you want to be right now. Ive seen a few 4-2 teams finish the season with a losing record (2011 Bills, 2011 Chargers,)

Hell, the 2011 NFL Champion NY Giants started their season 3-3 when they won it all. And as a matter of fact; in 2010 the Titans started 4-2 only to end up at 6-10.

The season is far from over people, get excited because if anything we now know we can play with the big dawgs. Just think how good we will be when Jake returns.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

QB - There's not much we can do now until Jake gets back. I'd like to see Fitz be put on a shorter leash.. keep him to conservative, high percentage passes, and limit his downfield attempts.

RB - I think the running game as a whole will be like night and day once Greene comes back. Love CJ or not, if this season does not improve, he may find himself on a new team next year. 12M is far too much to pay for his current production.

WR - I'm pleased with the group as a whole. Keep Britt off, get Hunter a bit more involved. Dude is a playmaker.

Center - Turner is the new Amano. He gets dominated at the line and pushed around like a ragdoll. Did anyone else see the high snap that nearly went over Fitz's head near the goalline? That nearly cost us ANOTHER safety. That was one of those shouting obscenities on the couch moments yesterday. I hate this clown as much as Fitzpatrick. I told you all this during the preseason. Shouldn't have cut Velasco.

Not much we can do with the Defense, they are playing lights out. I have a bone to pick with the special teams coordinator.

5. rodgev

rodgev Starter

I wonder if Britt leaves on the plane with the 49ers after the game?

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Rob Turner needs to be executed. Schwenke now (and I've been saying this since before the season).

Greene needs to start when he's healthy... just use CJ as a change of pace back.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

The coaching staff gets a pass considering our qb situation which is affecting our running game. If we continue to lose when jake comes back then we need to make some moves and switch things up because then we will have even bigger issues.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you need too be telling RW

not much we can do about it

9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree with most of what you said, but I wouldn't say we're lucky to be 3-3 right now.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Why because he's a "Britt" and the Niners aren't leaving Nashville til they have to go to England the week after?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar