Titans sign Ahmard Hall, FB, Texas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Why would they sign this guy? For the longest time, the Titans have been anti-FB. Now they have 2.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

well, if this team is going to be successful at running the ball (especially) with Brown- he's gonna need a lead block

Troy is 6-0 245

Ahmard is 5-11 235

what does that mean ? hell if I know

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Is it possible that they are looking at him more of a Special Teamer? I don't recall seeing this guy play, I don't know, just a thought.

4. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

yea, i hope they stick him on special teams, fleming is young and getting better every game he plays

hall was a texas longhorn but his only claims to fame there were a 1-yard TD run and catching 3 passes for 45 yards. :winker:

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Maybe Vince owes him a personal favor, and bringing him in is part of Vince's deal?

Guess this is headed for the Rumor Mill...

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Agree to Terms With Fullback

SUMMARY: The Titans have agreed to terms with former Texas FB Ahmard Hall who went undrafted in today’s NFL supplemental draft. The 5-foot-11 and 235 pounder will compete against starter Troy Fleming. Coach Jeff Fisher recently said the team expected to use TEs, primarily Bo Scaife, in a fullback role that would supplement Fleming. The former U.S. Marine Sergeant was named the Big 12 Conference Sportsperson of the Year in '04-'05. According to scouting reports, Hall ran the 40 in 4.49 and lifted the 225 pounds 24 times. He is said to be a solid lead blocker with thick upper body and powerful legs. Hill is also said to have good route-running ability though was only moderatately used in the Longhorn passing game. He will turn 27 during the '06 season.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

As a former Marine Sergeant myself I am all for this kid. I hope he can do the job.

8. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

hmm...VY and his Full back reunited? haha kidding

9. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

seriously that does help though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar